Destiny

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
So I wasn't really interested in the beginning, but since it was Open Beta this weekend, I downloaded it and tried it out (on my PS3)

Now, I just pre-ordered the White Destiny edition PS4...

Who else is buying/playing?

PS: for anyone wondering about my opinion on it:
it's pretty much Halo FPS mechanics, mixed with Diablo-ish loot system, and instanced/open world exploration/instant mission and with classic Halo-like PvP multiplayer matchmaking.

I'm not really into the whole competitive FPS part (even less with a controller... and I sucked... I REALLY sucked... came at the bottom of the match 3/4 times, and with kdr of something like 0.33 to 0.17... the 1 other match where I wasn't at the bottom, I had 12 kills, kdr of 0.7 something... and was in the middle of the list... surprised myself. but that was the LAST match I played), but the rest of the game was quite interesting, and I'm very looking forward to seeing the rest.

Also, PS3 textures had more to be desired, and I'll need to upgrade to a PS4 sometime anyway, and that white one was *drooooool* gorgeous... so I just had to.
(Canadian Amazon link: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KFS3NXI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Last edited:

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I will wait untill next year, when it comes out on the PC (at least they think it will, with the new rumor mill info)
But it looks really good... especially the Hunter... and seems like a fun nice coop shooter game, to do once in a while.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I will wait untill next year, when it comes out on the PC (at least they think it will, with the new rumor mill info)
But it looks really good... especially the Hunter... and seems like a fun nice coop shooter game, to do once in a while.
didn't they already say "no it will not be on PC"?

either way, dat White PS4 tho!!! (is the MAIN reason I pre-ordered it)

edit: scratch that,
Destiny Indeed Coming To PC, Release Date Leaked via Steam Database, Activision says "PC Port Make Lot of Sense"

if I'll still be playing, there's possibility I might get it on PC later. (just for the sake of M+KB)

bcmsemo

Rear Admiral
Donor
Jul 27, 2014
RSI Handle
darkbcm
I'm definitely going to try it out. Looks like the only decent game of the summer for Xbox1. Hoping it lives up to the hype

MadGhost

Admiral
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
MadGhost
My Son tested Destiny he liked it. It has a lot of hype and looked interesting to me by the advertisement's but once I saw the actual game play, I lost Interest.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
My Son tested Destiny he liked it. It has a lot of hype and looked interesting to me by the advertisement's but once I saw the actual game play, I lost Interest.
is exactly what I felt, before going into the game and playing myself. (watching E3 demo, etc. it's just another generic FPS, bla bla bla)

Actually getting my hands on, advancing a class or (and) 2, I got hooked.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
I was hooked on the beta. I will have it on X1 if anyone wants to tear shit up !

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
I'm definitely going to try it out. Looks like the only decent game of the summer for Xbox1. Hoping it lives up to the hype
I think Sunset Overdrive would like to have a word with you

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
(coming from my logical mind) "Halo FPS mechanics"- right there is where you lose me. After moving to PC, I lost touch with just about every non-simulator shooter on the market. Why? Becuase they're twitchy and unrealistic. I'm not the most responsive twitch player, and I don't really appreciate the lack of realism in a shooter. In World of Tanks, I've come to love and appreciate it. In shooters, not so much.

Plus, it's a console game. NO CONSOLES!

(coming from my utterly insane, demon's souls fanboy mind)
oh god I'm lying to myself, I know I'm going to purchase a PS4, bloodborn! THEY HAD TO MAKE AN EXCLUSIVITY DEAL WITH FROMSOFT! WHY, WHY DO I HAVE TO OWN EVERYTHING THAT COMPANY MAKES!?!?!?!?!? I'm probably gonna pick this up on that too if it doesn't move to PC. I mean, I can't justify a 400 dollar system without at least investing in some exclusives.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
didn't they already say "no it will not be on PC"?

either way, dat White PS4 tho!!! (is the MAIN reason I pre-ordered it)

edit: scratch that,
Destiny Indeed Coming To PC, Release Date Leaked via Steam Database, Activision says "PC Port Make Lot of Sense"

if I'll still be playing, there's possibility I might get it on PC later. (just for the sake of M+KB)
If it's actually coming to PC, I will be so happy. I have been willfully ignorant because I thought bungie didn't like me like that anymore when I heard it was console only.

Forgot your password?