Discord permissions

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Hi,

Please. What are the requisites to have permissions in the discord server?

I can not write nor can read previous messages to my log in.

Thanks!

Reactions: Talonsbane

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Reactions: Talonsbane

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
@marcsand2 A new user to discord can only access the new users channel and nothing else until a mod gives them access.

Go to the new users channel and PM a mod to assist you.
All I ever saw or heard before was "Come to our TEST Discord and say Hello!"

When I did, everything was locked out cept for 1 guy in an unlocked Destiny 2 channel with 2 unlocked channels for grouping under him, and everyone else in a single locked out channel so I assumed this was done for spam reasons due to sheer Org numbers and closed Discord.
I did wonder why an Org with over 15k ppl in it only had about 12 ppl idling in main channel lol. Most people probably didn't know they needed to PM a mod, closed Discord and left it at that.

If discord allows for a mod to have a doppleganger client in a second channel, we used to use that in teamspeak so mods can idle in multiple channels, and would hear anyone joining the pub channel needing access to restricted/match or raid channels etc

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
All I ever saw or heard before was "Come to our TEST Discord and say Hello!"

When I did, everything was locked out cept for 1 guy in an unlocked Destiny 2 channel with 2 unlocked channels for grouping under him, and everyone else in a single locked out channel so I assumed this was done for spam reasons due to sheer Org numbers and closed Discord.
I did wonder why an Org with over 15k ppl in it only had about 12 ppl idling in main channel lol. Most people probably didn't know they needed to PM a mod, closed Discord and left it at that.

If discord allows for a mod to have a doppleganger client in a second channel, we used to use that in teamspeak so mods can idle in multiple channels, and would hear anyone joining the pub channel needing access to restricted/match or raid channels etc
You can set a bot to alert mods when people join a channel, it's just annoying.

Forgot your password?