Display Port 2.0 - BRING FORTH all the HZ IN 4K!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
The current Vive headset run off HDMI and USB, so if Displayport cables become mainstream, that may help future devices.
Right, but the headset doesnt require THAT much data, does it? The screens are barely HD inside the lens headset.

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
Right, but the headset doesnt require THAT much data, does it? The screens are barely HD inside the lens headset.
The original is 1920 x 1200 90 hz per eye, i believe. Still has a lot of screen door effect at that resolution so hopefully they can do better with more bandwidth. Personally, I'd like to see a higher resolution and fully wireless.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
The original is 1920 x 1200 90 hz per eye, i believe. Still has a lot of screen door effect at that resolution so hopefully they can do better with more bandwidth. Personally, I'd like to see a higher resolution and fully wireless.
lol fully wireless you wouldnt need a displayport at all, which is what this whole thread is about! Ok so VR lenses run just barely over full HD at 90 Hz. The screen door effect is caused from being super close to the screen at a low resolution because you can see the individual pixels. Higher resolution may alleviate this.

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
lol fully wireless you wouldnt need a displayport at all, which is what this whole thread is about! Ok so VR lenses run just barely over full HD at 90 Hz. The screen door effect is caused from being super close to the screen at a low resolution because you can see the individual pixels. Higher resolution may alleviate this.
You would still need a wired connection from you graphics card to the base that the headset is talking to, bluetooth ain't gonna cut it.

Edit: Hmm, I stand corrected https://www.vive.com/us/support/accessory/category_howto/vive-wireless-setup-overview.html.

Last edited:

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
I was unaware that VR needed a lot of bandwidth or DP cables for that matter.
i do beleve the new Valve Head set dose require DP to connect and a USB
thats it. no more sensors. with now i feal dumb i should have just wated. i got the old rift and now im think ill upgrade to the new Rift s so i get to take down the sensors. but im kinda torn between rift and valve. i hate the fact that a lot of the game son rift are only for rift.
i did realy enjoy playing lone echo. but i cant see sticking with Rift just for 1 game. how ever there is that new starwarz VR game i kinda wana see that but again Multi head sets is a pain in the ars

Drykhan

Captain
Donor
Apr 29, 2019
RSI Handle
DryKhan
You could try Viveport for the rift only games. It doesn't have all of them but it may have the ones you want.
well i realy wana play lone echo 2 when it comes out. the story in the game was exelent. and i do enjoy the Echo Arena

Forgot your password?