Do I get a nametag?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
So down to the nitty gritty: I'm an old man. My favourite/preferred/chosen dinosaur is the thesaurus and I like space penguins.

I don't think there is anything else that's really important. If you think otherwise, please let me know.
Pah, old. TEST is a fountain of yourth!! I've met some TESTies in the meantime which registrated here at TEST, deeming themselves as "old", who then just recognized themselves as some of the youngest members here at TEST. :D

Welcome - feel young, take a beer, shitpost around. Have fun!
Cheers!
Sam

Bretheren

Ensign
Jun 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bretheren
Ok, well I'm not quite that old. I just feel old.
But once you can't make it through the night without going to pee, that's the real distinction.

Also I've just realised that there is a form to introductions that I've totally neglected. So;
* I live on the east coast of Australia. It's bloody cold at the moment, it didn't even hit mid-twenties today, which is just not right (that's ~77 in Fahrenheit for you filthy Imperialists).

*I'm an long time fan of the Wing Commander series, Star Citizen is what I've been waiting for for the past 20 years. I'm looking forward to random people attacking me at which point I blow them out of the sky (aka Arena Free Flight). I'm probably going to be fairly casual player though (8-10 hours a week).

* The first game I remember playing was a top-down scroller called 1942 on the Commodore 64. Mt uncle (a Vietnam vet) told me (at the age of 5) that every plane I let past would bomb my family. It was good inspiration.

* I'm currently playing The Witcher III. I generally like open gameplay / worlds and am a long time fan of the Ultima series. I also love space-sims because, well, it's space right? Who doesn't like space?

* I heard about Test Squadron when I was browsing the corp list on the RSI website and wanted to see who my other org (TOG) would be competing against. People were too friendly and so I just had to join.

* Picard or Kirk? It's not as simple as that. They were both men of their time. Kirk had to go out and battle the Klingons and have sex with all those Alien women because that's what they were sent out into the stars to do. To explore, to go where no man had gone before.

Picard on the other hand, well where can I start? He was ever a fair, honorable and impeccable gentleman and I would serve him at the drop of a hat.

The real question is, who would fare better in the others shoes?

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Welcome to TEST, old man!

Oh. I just came to the sudden realization of what this is. It's an owl head o7-ing. How could I have been so blind all this time?
Yeah, I'm the supposed to be the blind one.
blind to the owl? XD I'll let myself out
Haha. Took the words out of my mouth.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
* The first game I remember playing was a top-down scroller called 1942 on the Commodore 64. Mt uncle (a Vietnam vet) told me (at the age of 5) that every plane I let past would bomb my family. It was good inspiration.
We might have to steal that line for our own fighters.

Welcome to TEST!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
We'll bomb you into standard measurement soon enough
I'm pretty sure the metric system is the standard in the rest of the world.
Do try to keep up. ;)

Keep using standard, your bombs will just keep missing . . .by a couple klicks. Ha.
(Actually your military uses the metric system. Helps to use the same system as all your allies)

Forgot your password?