Do we start theorycrafting about the idris now?

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I'm of the opinion that saying Idris', Idrises, Idrii, etc. is wrong. It's properly called an Idris-class Frigate. When you talk about Nimitz-class Carriers, do you talk about Nimitz' or Nimitzes or Nimitzi? No, say carriers. As such you should refer to frigate and frigates. Do we start theorycrafting about frigates now? That would be the proper usage. Polaris-class corvettes, Idris-class frigates, Javelin-class destroyers, Bengal-class carriers, etc. That's my theorycrafting. I am a little hyped to use these terms, yes.

Panzertard

Captain
Aug 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Panzertard
It's going oing to be good fun simply because we'll be able to cram a ton of nutcrackers together and we'll all go out together.
Perhaps tinfoil mothball is a more appropriate term for the time being.
Ship balance & stats will be sorted in time somewhere all long the line, otherwise the spectrum will be on fire. So not worried about the demo in that aspect.

Looking forward to it regardless it's name.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
There was a video on Twitch from the morning of Sat where they commented on how easily the Idris frigates were destroyed. The stated that they turned off the shields because earlier while they were doing a run through to practice safely landing on the carrier deck, 1 of the Gladius slammed into the shields as it attempted to enter & straight up crumpled like an aluminum can.

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
On reddit they said, they disabled the shields and even lowered the healthpool of the idris to speed the fight up.
I think you can expect an idris to last way longer in "real" gameplay. I guess something like 5-15 Minuites of uninterrupted dps from 3 Hornets.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
First thing I thought of when I saw the Idris in the demo was I want one yesterday,
second thought was oh! that hangar floor think to fill that up with TESTies dancing having a org party out of this world ha ha....

I gotta get a life.. oh ! wait SC is my life... humm... that didn't sound right.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I theorize that smaller ships are going to need to be slowed down A LOT if you hope to hit them with a turret from a cap ship.

Those small fighters can whip in and out of range of those Idris turrets so fast, they are almost useless.

Engagement distance needs to be adjusted either by speed, or range of weapons.

I suspect speed will be reduced, which will make all the hardcore pilots cry, but is needed for game balance in the long run.

Shiwaz

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Shiwaz
Pilots of ships this size will be recruiting other pilots and crew members for specific purposes or try to have an onboard fleet/crew ready to counter as wide a scenario as possible at all times. I imagine an entire forum "folder" would be need/nice for dedicated LFP (looking for pilots) to fill these positions?

Forgot your password?