Dogfight training in AC

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
How many of you would be interested in doing some dogfight training sessions in Arena Commander?
While AC is not ideal and have various issues (not all components and ships available for renting, slightly different flight behaviour of ships), it provides opportunity for much faster faster iteration.

If there would be decent number of us interested, maybe we could get 'AC training' voice channel on Discord as well? That way if you see someone in it you could just drop in and join AC.

What do you think?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Haha thats the part I need to get better at, we will complement eachother nicely ;)
I used to own a Hurricane and probably would've been the perfect ship for me if I could've gotten someone good in the gunner seat. Might still consider it as I'm a decent pilot when I want to be. I just like to joke that I'm insane behind the wheel.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
That's how we use to practice dogfight in CFT, using Private Free-flight as there you can practice undisturbed with friends and re-spawn indefinitely and no repercussion on your character or ships.

Or we did Battle royal, Squadron battle or any of the swarms to practice how to work together etc....

AC have always been my favorite place to practice your flight skill, never made any sense to me to practice close combat training skill in PU cause it's time consuming and cost is to high.

In AC you can redo it over and over until you succeed and don't have to re-spawn on a station or what ever then fly to set out area..

And in Private Free-Flight it's easy to take turn fighting each other and have someone watch wile two fight and pick out error one might do then try to improve..

CHEERS! 🍻
Side note: Sure AC is not perfect but it is damn effective to learn your limit and how to cross it, as in improve your dog-fighting and flying skill.

Last edited:

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
AC have always been my favorite place to practice your flight skill, never made any sense to me to practice close combat training skill in PU cause it's time consuming and cost is to high.

In AC you can redo it over and over until you succeed and don't have to re-spawn on a station or what ever then fly to set out area..

And in Private Free-Flight it's easy to take turn fighting each other and have someone watch wile two fight and pick out error one might do then try to improve..

CHEERS! 🍻
Side note: Sure AC is not perfect but it is damn effective to learn your limit and how to cross it, as in improve your dog-fighting and flying skill.
Yeah, that sums it pretty well.
For whatever reason public AC is almost deserted nowadays, sometimes I struggle to find match.
It would be nice to get more people from TEST to practice with.

And I hope AC will get some love from devs and it will become more attractive for average pilot.
Would be nice if you can customize rented ships, rent every item in-game (rental system itself needs some love as well). It supposed to be practice and testing ground for different setups, without hassle of hours of gamepaly in PU just to fit your ship and after 15 minutes decide you do not like it....

🍻

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
First training session this Sunday

Forgot your password?