ScreenShot-2022-11-16_06-46-56-392.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-11-16_06-59-16-BB2.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-11-16_06-00-01-F41.jpg

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Looks like it could be a reasonably good ROC transport - If you can lock internal doors open, it would make up for the octagon you have to run around (and where you'll probably get stuck in the engineering console area if you don't watch out).

It also looks like it will be a very good ship to help train people to remember their landing gear, both being aware of the status of it, as well as ensuring that they raise or lower it at the appropriate times.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Patch Notes:
-stuff-
-stuff-
-more stuff-

Technical
  • Fixed 1 Whiskey related player driven Server Crash

NOW you got my attention..!!! Sit down stranger and tell me all about it... 🥃
Well, apart from that the corsair being flyable is great news in and off itself.👍

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
-stuff-
-stuff-
-more stuff-

Technical
  • Fixed 1 Whiskey related player driven Server Crash

NOW you got my attention..!!! Sit down stranger and tell me all about it... 🥃
Well, apart from that the corsair being flyable is great news in and off itself.👍
It is actually a cool bug.

If one goes to the lounge to buy 25 Whiskey and Cokes it is possible to attempt to drink them all at once...which immediately 30ks the server. Reminded me of an old Levski bug where there was an item behind a counter that we weren't supposed to be able to get to but players figured out how to then if you tried to interact with it the server would 30k.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
It is actually a cool bug.

If one goes to the lounge to buy 25 Whiskey and Cokes it is possible to attempt to drink them all at once...which immediately 30ks the server.
Soooo... I drink 25 Whiskey at once and then the world goes kaput and I wake up in a different place shortly after? That's no bug. That's what's supposed to happen in my experience. :drunk:
Thanks for the info though. Haven't run into that bug yet. Mainly because i never got to drink anything the barman gave me. Had a nasty streak of choking whenever I take off my helmet in there. Maybe I give it a try though.
The next time someone I really don't like nears the station with his biggest haul yet. 2 seconds before touchdown I'll gonna have a toast to his good fortunes. Preferrably while he's streaming live... Mua-ha-ha-ha!!!
Salute!
PS: Or I would if they hadn't fixed it already. WAIT... Thats PTU right? I think I know what I'm doing tonight while I still can.... Mua-ha-ha-ha!!! (again)

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Looks like it could be a reasonably good ROC transport - If you can lock internal doors open, it would make up for the octagon you have to run around (and where you'll probably get stuck in the engineering console area if you don't watch out).

It also looks like it will be a very good ship to help train people to remember their landing gear, both being aware of the status of it, as well as ensuring that they raise or lower it at the appropriate times.
It's a much easier transit between the front and back than the MSR, and arguably even the Connies. Plenty of room in the back for a ROC; the landing gear seems a bit short so rougher terrain might be an issue.

Other than the usual Drake detractors, first impression is that it is a well-thought out ship. Lots of details that work with the design (levers for the elevator 🤣) and reflect intended gameplay. The locker room especially impressed me, with enough storage for complete FPS loadouts for 4 people, including a couple of heavy weapons.This is in addition to lockers in each 'cabin'. Yeah, cabin, right. Mop closet is a better description..

The side turrets do NOT seem to converge with the pilot guns, although they get close. This needs a crew to test. Rear remote turret coverage is good, except for the port wing. The rear hatch is huge and moves quickly; there are controllable floodlights on the back.

Handling of the ship itself is acceptable for size; pitch and yaw are good, roll and translations not as much. The 4 gimballed front guns change out for 4 fixed size 5's and the capacitor seems generous. This thing is gonna eat Hammerheads and spit out the bones.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Elevator lift levers are beautiful! And the lift itself is amazing...! That roof access and the way the platform goes down to the surface...!

As for the handling, I hope it would be fine-tuned before IAE as the ship flies similarly to few other new spacecraft before their final release -- including 890 Jump which didn't like to roll and was diving by itself. If not tuned, Corsair would need a lot of boosting, even to turn or roll, especially in atmosphere. The good thing is that the ship has a very high fuel efficiency which allows the pilot to use boost for longer periods of time.

Corsair has amazing flood lights / landing lights, which should be implemented on all ships, especially explorers. Unfortunately, at the same time it has a very low ground clearance -- too low for an expedition ship. Similarly to Cutlass, it's easy to hit the ground with one of the engines in VTOL mode. Foldable wings and their animations are beautiful, however I had to hold during landing at one of the Rest Stops, as I wasn't sure if the ship fits in the hangar gates with the wings up : ) I switched the wings into flight mode, slowly entered the hangar and then folded them again ; )

By the way, use Alt+K to fold and unfold the wings manually.

As @Ayeteeone says, Corsair with 4 fixed s5 guns has a chance to become Hammerhead killer, as long as CIG doesn't change anything. This will work only against slow targets though -- in my opinion Drake ship is not agile enough to use it with fixed guns against any fighter, especially player-controlled.

------------
StarCitizen_2022-11-16_06-03-58.png

ScreenShot-2022-11-16_05-49-36-59D.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-11-16_05-50-45-0A3.jpg

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Its yaw rate is horrible but I have been enjoying it in PTU. Im gonna enjoy flying this one in the PU....Just watch that tall wing when landing in a hanger if you had a few drinks under your belt....Cool mechanical/steam punkish ship :love:

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Out of the blue, I got paid today for a job I did 4 months ago - so I got my Corsair out of buybacks.

But @wmk, are you post processing those pics, or what graphics setup are you using? Your images have a level of clarity I don't see often from SC.
It is most likely Reshade, which I always forget to turn on when I take screenshots lol

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Out of the blue, I got paid today for a job I did 4 months ago - so I got my Corsair out of buybacks.

But @wmk, are you post processing those pics, or what graphics setup are you using? Your images have a level of clarity I don't see often from SC.
I use real-time reshade, as @stockish says, with two basic filters: levels and vibrance. First makes the image more contrast and slightly brighter, second saturates the image a bit. I also use non-standard graphics settings in game: sharpness = 100% and gamma = 40 (default is 50).

That said... I haven't used reshade for any of the pics posted above : ) It's just in-game gamma and sharpness.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It is most likely Reshade, which I always forget to turn on when I take screenshots lol
use real-time reshade, as @stockish says, with two basic filters: levels and vibrance. First makes the image more contrast and slightly brighter, second saturates the image a bit. I also use non-standard graphics settings in game: sharpness = 100% and gamma = 40 (default is 50).

That said... I haven't used reshade for any of the pics posted above : ) It's just in-game gamma and sharpness.
Thank you both. I'm going to need to talk to my wife about that.

Reactions: wmk and GPcustoms

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
btw, the Drake Corsair is in the PU wtih the 3.17.4 patch. Nice touch for once... normally they erase my in-game inventory just before an IAE instead of giving me a ship.

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?