Drake Corsair now on Sale for Everyone

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

New Concept, go check it out. It'll be up for everyone tomorrow along with information.

View: https://imgur.com/a/j6dLMts

Last edited:

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Original info from the "you pick the next drake ship" contest:

B. MULTI-CREW DRAKE EXPLORER (CODE NAME: CORSAIR)
Drake’s competitor to the Constellation, the rough and ready multi-crew explorer. Differs from the 600i by its crude basic construction and from the Constellation by its lower missile count, but with a third turret to make up for it. Able to transport a vehicle and cargo (think extended/up-scaled Cutlass rear area) faster and more nimble than the others, but like all Drake ships pretty paper thin.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If the walls are truly paper thin, then those that purchase 1 should stock up on TEST brand toilet paper to have the ability to patch the ship's skin paper mache style, but with a much better appearance. Or better yet, use beer residue in the paper mache mix to fully coat the outer skin in advance to thicken the skin & TESTify in the process.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
OH crap. My finger got itchy while I was looking at the page and this happened. I haven't quite figured out what to name the one I can name.
that brings total ship count to 21, with two extra ground vehicles (one's the tank) too... so. I need a few more friends.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
OH crap. My finger got itchy while I was looking at the page and this happened. I haven't quite figured out what to name the one I can name.
that brings total ship count to 21, with two extra ground vehicles (one's the tank) too... so. I need a few more friends.

View attachment 12060
I'll be your friend.
that asymmetric wing design will be a bear to fly in atmosphere
Crap, I just saw that. I don't know why I was imagining it like an X-Wing. I like it a bit less. It's now a 9.5/10 for me.
Damn.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
that asymmetric wing design will be a bear to fly in atmosphere
I doubt it will happen, look at the original Herald in its asymmetric glory and what happened to it.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Crap, I just saw that. I don't know why I was imagining it like an X-Wing. I like it a bit less. It's now a 9.5/10 for me.
Damn.
That asymmetric design would be a bear to fly, that is true. Some of our ships should not fly in atmosphere, but they do. This is an exploration design, so like the Constellation. that should not fly in atmosphere either, it should spin like a top when climbing or turning. CIG is paying little attention to the physics that would otherwise kill over half their designs.

Forgot your password?