RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Reactions: SeungRyul

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Hmmm... maybe i will also take a few, in the hope that i can upgrade my MIS to an LTI one day.
So 2 at least, one to fly... and one to use as an upgrade.

Last edited:

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Nice, man. I hate to say it, but these are total grey market bait. Furthermore, [REDACTED].

Last edited:

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
The grey market is struggling at the moment. Everybody is thinking along the same lines as you. There will be thousands of Heralds in rotation. The premium for LTI will drop significantly. Not to say there's no profit to be made. It'll probably be less than planned though.

Then again. We don't endorse the grey market. Trading is bad.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I wanted to grab some for CCUs then send some over to family.

Really want to grab a MM LTI later...

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Let's revert the discussion away from grey market trading. Keep focus on the ship itself and game implementation. CCU is okay :)

I'm excited to see more details on the value of "information". What sort of stuff will this entail? Maps of star systems? Resource locations? What sort of information would need to be transported via ship that can't be communicated verbally?

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Hopefully, it'll end up like a small cargo ship without the dedicated cargo space: durable, medium-long range, with decent engines tuned for dependable function.

As to function, I could see it holding in-game "items" (data) that are turned in for money in NPC commerce quests, for timed delivery quests from NPC orgs like Origin or FTL, and for moving in-game financial info from market to market as part of the fully functional simulated economy.

EDIT: Oh jesus, "used as for."

Last edited:

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Hopefully, it'll end up like a small cargo ship without the dedicated cargo space: durable, medium-long range, with decent engines tuned for dependable function.

As to function, I could see it holding in-game "items" (data) that are turned in for money in NPC commerce quests, for timed delivery quests from NPC orgs like Origin or FTL, and for moving in-game financial info from market to market as part of the fully functional simulated economy.

EDIT: Oh jesus, "used as for."

Good point. Redacting some stuff I mentioned earlier.
I hope so... that would mean i can have at least 1 solo seat ship that i'm gonna like!
I'm not a combat or racer type of person, and most of the solo seaters are combat or racers.

Jack In the Green

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JackInTheGreen
Hm. Using this as a ccu vehicle to get LTI on previously released ships seems to be against at least the spirit of the way lti policy has progressed. I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't allowed. After all, the CCUs are all specific pairings. It would be easy enough to only allow upgrades to ships released after.

If it's money you were planning on pledging anyway, fine. You can always melt the ship(s).

Jack In the Green

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JackInTheGreen
Addendum: imagine the flood of butthurt from everyone who current owns lti ships of older models, however they may have acquired them (ahem). Racing suit times 10 gorillion.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
Almost positive Ill pick one up. I like the idea of a info runner. Makes me think of Johnny Mnemonic.

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope
I'm debating trading my M50 for one of these. I was thinking I'd be able to use it as a courier ship, but if I can't even fit a jump drive on it, then it's usefulness drops considerably.

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
I too am kind of interested in this little thing depending on how it looks. Might be melting the Cutlass for it, not sure yet.

DukeSatan

Lieutenant
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Duke Satan
Already melted the aurora i had which was going to be for a mustang to get the 890 jump, not sure about the Drake Herald, i like the idea but dunno if one will be of much use really.

Forgot your password?