[Drama] What happens to poaching orgs like Elysium (ESTE)

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
As has become ritual before every major SC update, org drama levels have never been higher! This week we would like to feature an org called Elysium.

So a few months back some of our members invited over to org called Elysium (ESTE). Naturally a few weeks later they all received the following message :)

So who are these guys? This was the first time we have heard of them and apparently we are apparently rivals! Oh noes, looks like we will have to prepare against this serious threat!

Then this message popped up today from the same guy who was messaging TESTes before...

[insert="wut.jpg"]

Asking a bit around and from information so easily gained from our TEST members who were invited over promises of better beer (absolutely lies TEST does not water down our internet beer LIES! Fake news! Sad!). Apparently what transpired is as follows:

The creator ESTE, Lonespace, considered himself a bigshot and started up the org in april after recruiting officers of several other orgs. He did pretty well for himself, stealing recruiting members from other orgs and growing ESTE to 140+ members today.

Sadly, it looks like he was not very popular amongst his own members...

Looks like the final straw that caused all the leadership to resign from ESTE seems to have been the following announcement made in the TORC discord server by "Lonespace":

Leading to much confusion in the ESTE discord server...

Now the story is that a imposter created a discord account with the same name and avatar as Lonespace and then proceeded to declare war on one of ESTE's friendly rival. I couldn't independently verify this so take this how you want.

This entire drama resulted in all admirals with the exception of Lonespace resigning and quitting from ESTE org, and since then the org has been bleeding members by the hour.

Maybe, just maybe this is why it is such a terrible idea to recruit from other orgs with promises of grandeur. At best, you end up with members with little loyalty to see the org through tough times. At worst, you end up with malicious members looking to set your org up to fail :wink:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner

Wait a minute.... what kind of people declare war on another ORG before the game is even released?
Like.... that's just ridiculous meta... nonsense.

All popcorn emojis are now $5
OOH!!! So you're playing us all $5 per popcorn emoji?!

Cha ching!
Make it rain @SeungRyul !!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
What I wouldn't give to have all people focus on testing this game in progress of being built
instead of behaving like a bunch of needy 12 year old bullied kids on a power trip,

Geeesss F*CK! we don't even have a game yet to do all this shit in... some peps just need to let go and play something else for a wile IMO.

I think I do as many of you have BRING OUT THE POPCORN and BEER... CHEEERS!!

:beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn::beer::popcorn:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
TEST avoids these internal dramas by not taking ourselves at all seriously

who wouldn't prefer to be laughing, rather than laughed at?

I've never experienced another online community with as little conflict as TEST has

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
People have too much spare time......
Now to be fair, he could have a valid reason for going to war in a game that's not out yet. A TORC member might have snuck in and stole his Comm Array, or tossed a grenade in the airlock at Grim Hex, or flew between him and Tessa when he was having his "special time". There are many "valid" reasons to go to war in a game that's not out yet...

Has it been mentioned enough that the game isn't out yet?

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Why did this guy call himself LoneSpaceWanderer instead of something like The Mattini or The Mettena or something?

"Expecting folks to value a fictional org over their own irl lives doesn't tend to yield well for leadership..." I'm still trying to figure out what this sentence means. This yellow-scratched-out-name-guy may be suffering from a bad case of sobriety. I had some friends who tried sobriety and they told me, "You don't wanna go down that road, Teal!" I try to take friendly advice in the manner it is given.

Forgot your password?