DRANK

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
So being a Testicle (and a bartender by trade) I have a great love for booze in all its varieties and would like to start a thread regarding such things. I had the impulse when I saw someone on the forums mention they were drinking a Manhattan which is such a damn good drink. For those of you who don't just drink beer or bourbon coke (just so we are clear, beer is great and bourbon and coke were born to be together), I don't just want to know what you're favorite drink is, I want to know what you're drinking tonight (and on future nights), I want to know what alcohol you're using, how you prepared it and even how you present it. I'm (doing my best to be) a cocktail nerd and would love to see what you drunkards have learned making your favorite inebriators.

Tonight i'm drinking French 75s. It's basically a Tom Collins with champagne or sparkling wine instead of soda. Traditionally I believe it's supposed to be served in a champagne flute but lol, no, too small.
I'm using a West Winds 'The Cutlass' Gin, from a 'Strayan distiller, if you can get it overseas or if you're an Aussie I would recommend giving it a go, 'tis a great, versatile mid range Gin.
Shaking the Gin with some fresh lemon juice and just a little bit of simple syrup because I prefer my dranks dry, topping it in the glass with a prosecco I found that had legs in fishnets and heels on the label, and garnishing with a small lemon peel. Measurements bellow.

Sorry if no one cares, but I care.
Skal!

2oz Gin
3/4 - 1oz lemon juice
1/4 - 1/2oz simple syrup
Add ice - Shake - strain (fine strain if into an iceless flute [I double strain regadless]) - top with champagne or sparkling wine. Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: WhooptyWoo

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
Sex on the beach is my holiday drink. Many a festivals were me chest bumping to some awesome house with one of these in my hand.

Double Vodka redbull is my 'at the club' drink. Its what my norm is unless we're doing something special.

Pre-drinks is a koperberg Strawberry + lime.

Chilling at the bar is a Corona (without a lime is just plain wrong).

Going HAM? Tequila slammers. 12 row chain.

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
I don't do fancy drinks myself, no patience for that :)

My go-to drink is short White Russian. 4cl vodka, 4cl coffee liqueur, 12-ish cl milk, crushed ice. Taste to easiness to alc vol ratio is unbeaten.

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
The White Ruski! Honestly, I love them, but mixing booz and milk... like... ehhhhhhh haha. But good choice, friend, literally every Australian bartender gets up my ass for being a white spirits guy, every bar I work at there is some asshole telling me to drink a Rye and Dry (not that that's a bad drink, but like... shut up!).
Is that you in your pic/are you a pilot?

Is a slammer a shot, I don't speak Americano? Because Tequila shots are wow. Such awesome so amazing. AND... moreover, tequila is actually good for you! For reals! Not the shitty Sauza shit, but good agave tequila won't give you a hangover, it will lower you're blood sugar and cholesterol, and it even makes you smarter.
And oh yeah, also makes you life of the party.
DRINK MOAR TEQUILA!

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
Glenlivet, you know, I love Scotch, but Glenlivet is one of my least favoites, which makes me sad, because as I understand it - it was the first? Could you clarify the use of 'glen' in regard to Scotch Whiskey? Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Glenmoray, Glenrothes... that's a few off the top of my head, whats the deal?

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Bourbon on the rocks.
Woodford Special Reserve preferably.

If I'm at a bar that does it I'll go for an old fashioned.

1. Old Fashioned Cocktail
  2. The Old Fashioned is a cocktail made by muddling sugar with bitters then adding alcohol, such as whiskey or brandy, and a twist of citrus rind.
  3. Main alcohol: Whisky/Bourbon
  4. Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Bourbon or Rye whiskey, 2 dashes Angostura bitters, 1 Sugar cube, Few dashes plain water
  5. Preparation: Place sugar cube in old fashioned glass and saturate with bitters, add a dash of plain water. Muddle until dissolved. Fill the glass with ice cubes and add whiskey. Garnish with orange slice, and a cocktail cherry.
  6. Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
  7. Standard garnish: Orange slice, Cocktail cherry
  8. Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
We really need someone to create a signature drink for TEST. Something with black and yellow colors and a strong punch. I don't care how. Just do it.

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
Bourbon on the rocks.
Woodford Special Reserve preferably.

If I'm at a bar that does it I'll go for an old fashioned.

1. Old Fashioned Cocktail
  2. The Old Fashioned is a cocktail made by muddling sugar with bitters then adding alcohol, such as whiskey or brandy, and a twist of citrus rind.
  3. Main alcohol: Whisky/Bourbon
  4. Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz Bourbon or Rye whiskey, 2 dashes Angostura bitters, 1 Sugar cube, Few dashes plain water
  5. Preparation: Place sugar cube in old fashioned glass and saturate with bitters, add a dash of plain water. Muddle until dissolved. Fill the glass with ice cubes and add whiskey. Garnish with orange slice, and a cocktail cherry.
  6. Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
  7. Standard garnish: Orange slice, Cocktail cherry
  8. Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass
The old fashioned is my go to drink dude, holy shit they are good, like fuck me sideways they are so damn good. Making them at home I never bother with the dashes of water, the ice cube will melt, and I always, ALWAYS, hold the cherry, the cherry is a relatively new thing, a good Bourbon won't need the extra flavor, and frankly you're drinking straight bourbon, hold the cherry, bro.
Funny you should mention Woodford Reserve, it was only yesterday I finished off a special bottle of Woodford Reserve Small batch! (you'll be happy to know I drank it all in cherryless old fashioneds :D). Cheers to you mate, would love to pour you a drink one day.

Reactions: o-BHG-o

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
The old fashioned is my go to drink dude, holy shit they are good, like fuck me sideways they are so damn good. Making them at home I never bother with the dashes of water, the ice cube will melt, and I always, ALWAYS, hold the cherry, the cherry is a relatively new thing, a good Bourbon won't need the extra flavor, and frankly you're drinking straight bourbon, hold the cherry, bro.
Funny you should mention Woodford Reserve, it was only yesterday I finished off a special bottle of Woodford Reserve Small batch! (you'll be happy to know I drank it all in cherryless old fashioneds :D). Cheers to you mate, would love to pour you a drink one day.
Sounds like you like em as much as me, CHEERS!

I've only had the cherry once and oh my, I don't know where they kept that little glace' but it was the most alcoholic part of the drink! Exploding with vapours.

Agree on the ice, think I need to get one of these as watery bourbon is bad....

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Sounds like you like em as much as me, CHEERS!

I've only had the cherry once and oh my, I don't know where they kept that little glace' but it was the most alcoholic part of the drink! Exploding with vapours.

Agree on the ice, think I need to get one of these as watery bourbon is bad....

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY!?!??

Getbuzy

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Getbuzy
1 part Mezcal, 1 part Cointreau (any good orange liquer), 1 part lemon sour... rim the glass with smoked brown sugar... I dunno what its called, but I just call it the Bajapanty (pantydropper)

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Glenlivet, you know, I love Scotch, but Glenlivet is one of my least favoites, which makes me sad, because as I understand it - it was the first? Could you clarify the use of 'glen' in regard to Scotch Whiskey? Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich, Glenmoray, Glenrothes... that's a few off the top of my head, whats the deal?
The word 'glen' means a valley and usually associated with a river. A lot of distilleries were built near glens to take advantage of the water source.

Forgot your password?