DriveClub - Test Club Please Ignore(?)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
So, DriveClub launches in North America today. I'll definitely be downloading the "free" PS+ version at least, and if I enjoy it, upgrade to the full version.

Am not home yet, and won't be for a while, so I have no idea how the actual "Club" feature works.

Anyone else on PS4 getting it and want to start the TEST Club?

(and of course, our liveries will be black and yellow!)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
ok, so I just bought the game (full) without waiting for the delayed PS+ version.

I made the "TEST Squadron" (because "TEST Club" was already taken)
let me know who plays so I can send an invite (or request me to join)

PSN: Zee-X

I need 2 for it to be active (and I think there's a max of 6)

also, when PS+ version is available, it's completely free, so make sure to join in!

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
You didn't call it Squardon. not gonna join
good point.

with the server connection problems, I couldn't do anything with it
now that it's back online (it seems) and since it's just with me in it, I disbanded and remade "TEST Squardon"!

edit: okay, it's connected for 3 mins, enough time to remake the new club, but couldn't save the "badge"

the "BMW like black/yellow circle" symbol needs Club level 20 to unlock so I really hope someone joins so we can get to 20 ASAP!

Last edited:

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Moving this week, but count me in...PSN hitparader

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Hey i got your invite but the servers are always down for me
yeah... that's a problem with the game in general.

I hope it'll be back sometime this week (as well as PS+ version for everyone else who owns a PS4... I presume you ALL have PS+ right?)

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
SO the game just got a weather update today (after the Photo Mode update a few weeks back with new tracks and cars) and I think by now, all the multiplayer functions are working properly. Still waiting on the PS+ edition of the game though.

The weather makes the game look absolutely STUNNING. I can't wait to try it out tonight (might even upload a video of my crappy driving in all its glory watery mess)

(oh also, I've personally gotten TEST SQUARDON club to level 15! some cool goodies are added (club only cars that is) so if you have the game, or decide to get it (35$ on Amazon RIGHT NOW!) make sure to invite PSN: Zee-X and join!)

PS: I obtained the Amazon link using the Seung-link for TEST. Not sure if it works...

Last edited:

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
wow, that's about the most unrealistic snow driving experience I've ever seen. Obviously the game designers have never driven in real snow.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
wow, that's about the most unrealistic snow driving experience I've ever seen. Obviously the game designers have never driven in real snow.
Other than the fact that the road isn't covered in snow, nor is there any accumulation on the window/car (which is usually the case when it's snowing this heavily) the "feel" is rather realistic. This is from personal experience.

A few years back we had this seasonal ski pass, that's for Weekend Evenings (Fri-Sun after 5pm until closing) so we went skiing once every few weeks. One of those weeks, it was a blizzard. (fresh snow, is the best snow for skiing, so we thought it would be fun).

The station is about 1 hour drive away in normal conditions by highway, plowed, salted, etc and should be normally trouble-free. Not this one evening. It was snowing so heavily it is exactly like in the video, where your headlight was lighting up the snowflakes, so much that you can't see 5m in front of you. Everyone was driving at 40km/h (on a 100km/h highway) with hazard lights on, and we could hardly see the car in front, always afraid of getting too close too fast, or going off-lane. You couldn't see the lane, because it was covered in white, and you could barely follow the tire tracks left by the cars in front. We were like flying, not even sure our tires were on the ground. It turned our normal hour long drive into 3 hours, and my dad who was driving at the time (I was on the passenger side) was completely mentally exhausted by the end of it.

It was a great ski night, as the snow is soft, and fluffy and plentiful, but we only stayed for an hour and a half, because it was already quite late when we got there. Thankfully the way back, the blizzard died down a bit, and was a lot easier to drive, but it was a VERY scary experience.

That is what you really see when driving through a blizzard, at night. Under sun light, you see a lot farther.

Seriously though, it's really well done. I'm surprised they got the visibility right, and it's horrifying. If ever you had to drive through a blizzard at night, don't.

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
Yeah, I lived in a fairly remote spot:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/New+Aiyansh,+BC/@55.1996641,-129.0786984,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x540b3c2d8326b7ab:0xeb62cfa26b272f4

I bought an AWD Subaru SVX to get around

and it was great for getting to town to do grocery shopping and run other errands through the crazy snowstorms, but I still made sure to use the toilet before going out, if only just to protect the leather seats. The only problem was, if the snow was particularly deep I had to wait for someone to break trail or, AWD or not, I would have bottomed out due to the low clearance.

Forgot your password?