Dual Stick issues

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Calling all experts (@marcsand2, haha)

I am running an X-55 for my right hand and a t16000m for my left. All was well for a while, until it was not.

For some reason my strafe is reversed on the left hand controller. Up strafes down, and down strafes up. That's my biggest concern at the moment. There are other things happening, but that's the major issue.

This is honestly my biggest frustration with SC. Every goddamned time I get my controllers mapped and setup, something changes, and I am stuck wasting hours upon hours trying to problem solve controls.

Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Owl

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Calling all experts (@marcsand2, haha)

I am running an X-55 for my right hand and a t16000m for my left. All was well for a while, until it was not.

For some reason my strafe is reversed on the left hand controller. Up strafes down, and down strafes up. That's my biggest concern at the moment. There are other things happening, but that's the major issue.

This is honestly my biggest frustration with SC. Every goddamned time I get my controllers mapped and setup, something changes, and I am stuck wasting hours upon hours trying to problem solve controls.

Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Owl
View: https://imgur.com/YKsYpCc

Check under advanced controls customization which controller is bound to strafe, invert the correct HOTAS in controls -> Flight -> Fight movement -> strafe

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
View: https://imgur.com/YKsYpCc

Check under advanced controls customization which controller is bound to strafe, invert the correct HOTAS in controls -> Flight -> Fight movement -> strafe
Got your message Marc. Thank you. I'll try that as soon as I can.
or stop the booze :P
Heresy!!
Are you sure you’re using your joystick and not your- “joystick”?
This is a distinct possibility.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
@Blind Owl , perhaps you need to try some dual hand focus exercises? For this case, sense it is you, I suggest that you open 2 beers, set them to your sides, blindfold yourself & then alternate drinking between each beer until both are empty. Repeat as many times as needed until you are feeling more relaxed & confident. (sufficiently drunk)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind Owl , perhaps you need to try some dual hand focus exercises? For this case, sense it is you, I suggest that you open 2 beers, set them to your sides, blindfold yourself & then alternate drinking between each beer until both are empty. Repeat as many times as needed until you are feeling more relaxed & confident. (sufficiently drunk)
Brilliant! I shall get right on this, haha.

Forgot your password?