Dual Virpil Constellation Alphas

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Hi gents!

So I finally broke down and got a pair of Virpil Constellation Alphas. I've spent the better part of two days to no avail trying to get the thing set up. I tried BuzzKilla's mappings and well, I'm having issues with the game detecting both joysticks and mapping them as one. The game seems to have issues detecting the mapping properly. I know the sticks themselves work because both the Virpil Config tool software and Windows itself seems to detect them just fine. Anyway, I know this is a fairly common problem.

Any folks here own a pair of this and have been able to get them working in 3.15? Would love a tech support run down session, preferably via discord or something.

Thanks!

edit: problem fixed. Calibration issue. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayeteeone

JackalDark

Admiral
Jan 13, 2018
RSI Handle
JackalDark
I've got these sticks along with the CM3 Throttle and have had no issues mapping everything and using them.

You said you've gone through the calibration and saved the profiles, what exactly is the problem in game?

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
As @JackalDark stated.. I've got a pair of these running dual stick and have absolutely no problem with them.

Protip - you can name each stick in the Virpil software and Windows will stop confusing/swapping them at random.

There is the oft-missed step of running the Windows calibration as well. Shouldn't be needed, but I find it helps prevent erroneous inputs. Search 'USB game controller' under settings.

Ping me in Discord if you are still having issues, and we'll get it working.

Reactions: Aramsolari

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Sorry I should have edited the post. I fixed the problem. Yeah it was a calibration issue where the axis that I had mapped for space brake was continuously activating. Thought my ship wasn’t responding but it was…,just that the space brake was preventing it lol. 😅

All fixed. Incredible upgrade over my dual T16000ms. I might even stop sucking now!

I have the Warbird base for my Constellation Alphas. I have the setup on my desktop but I’ll probably get under desk mounts for my sticks.

Forgot your password?