EBay Noob Question

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've had an EBay account for a few years, but never bought anything before, that I remember. So some insight would be appreciated.

I won a bid for a Raven. When I click on the "pay now" icon, EBay informs me that I need to contact the seller. Cool. I do that. Ask him/her how we should proceed. He/she says PayPal. Cool.

From this point, is it like any other transaction? He sends me an invoice, I pay him, he sends me the code?
Or is there a way to do it through EBay itself?

Thanks for you help!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I haven't done anything on "fleabay" for a couple of months, but what you are describing sounds pretty standard.

Ebay and PayPal used to be totally connected and seamless, but I heard that Ebay just ditched PayPal. I'm guessing that a lot of people are used to using PayPal, and likely haven't signed up for the new Ebay-aligned service (just looked it up, Ebay ditched PayPal on Feb 1st: http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/01/technology/paypal-ebay-payments-split-adyen/index.html)

Using PayPal seems to be standard for reddit transactions, people correct me if I am wrong.

Stickx1307

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Stickx1307
PayPal is standard, I''m a regular ebay user, so what you described as the steps should be what happens, so you'll have to click pay now and pay, and in a an hours to 24 hours he should send you the code

Reactions: Ezz and Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, when I clicked the pay now button I got:
Screenshot_20180316-215153.png

So I told the seller, and he added a shipping method (I think) but now I get this:
Screenshot_20180317-192939.png

Annoying as fuck.

Reactions: Ezz and fbmbirds

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Haha, you're a better man than I good Sir. I'm starting to feel a wee bit foolish for saying no to you because I though I'd found such a good deal.
Gotta be careful with EBAY sellers and digital items as alot of them are selling stolen good. If it was physical you could dispute it.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Ezz

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Gotta be careful with EBAY sellers and digital items as alot of them are selling stolen good. If it was physical you could dispute it.
He's mailing it to me, so we shall see. He's got no negative marks on him as a seller. I get the impression that he's not a SC guy, just someone who bought an Optane.
Just in time for them to nerf the Raven, it appears...
Meh, I'm sure it'll all balance out eventually.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
He's mailing it to me, so we shall see. He's got no negative marks on him as a seller. I get the impression that he's not a SC guy, just someone who bought an Optane.

Meh, I'm sure it'll all balance out eventually.
Well just in case make sure to use a secure transaction such as paypal with an invoice.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I usually just buy old junk servers from company auctions on ebay. Plenty of small businesses need one but don't want to pay a premium so I fix em up and sell em on the side for more than I payed but way less than a brand new one. Pretty good shit so far.

Forgot your password?