Eve online accounts for Star Citizen ships <-- is that even legal?

Warhead64

Vice Admiral
Oct 9, 2018
RSI Handle
Warhead64
I would be interested in losing two Eve online accounts for a or a couple of star citizen ships... just not sure if that is allowed here or if anyone would complain to the powers that be... or if even worth anything.

Reactions: Ammorn

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
EVE Online does not allow real world trading to be done for accounts. Character trading is allowed but, if I recall, is restricted to ISK only. If you want to sell characters in EVE the only legal way to do it is on here. https://forums.eveonline.com/t/welcome-to-the-character-bazaar/71

All others violate their EULA.
So just don't get caught then.

I don't think it's right for them to do that with something you've paid for and have ownership over. I know they do that to control ISK farmers, and all the problems that come with them. Other reasons I could see would be to control people buying accounts to buy into factions or corporations, or to lock people into their account for monetization reasons. In for a penny, in for a pound, like gambling some will stick with it because they've sunk so much into it. I think you should be able to sell your characters, not your accounts though, since that could cause problems without people being able to check for a change of players with an API if you're selling an account. I know it's there to protect people from scams and such too, but that should be the buyers and sellers own business to look out for themselves if they aren't going through regulated channels and markets. As for monitization, I think they'd probably be alright since somebody that's willing to buy characters or such are likely to buy ISK and would want to have an active subscription. Shoot, it would be even better for them if you sold each of your characters to 3 different people since that means 3X the subscriptions. That's just my two mill, it's been years since I've played so I could be out of touch with things.

Reactions: Warhead64

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I would be interested in losing two Eve online accounts for a or a couple of star citizen ships... just not sure if that is allowed here or if anyone would complain to the powers that be... or if even worth anything.
As Wolfy pointed out in his post, the direct selling of your accounts for EvE, which is essentially what you are asking as you would basically have to set prices on those accounts and someone has to give you that value in ships, is not legal or allowed and is bannable as per EvE rules and probably frowned on elsewhere. I would try maybe grey market if you are attempting this although I always tell people never to do this kind of deal for various reasons

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
As Wolfy pointed out in his post, the direct selling of your accounts for EvE, which is essentially what you are asking as you would basically have to set prices on those accounts and someone has to give you that value in ships, is not legal or allowed and is bannable as per EvE rules and probably frowned on elsewhere. I would try maybe grey market if you are attempting this although I always tell people never to do this kind of deal for various reasons
EVE is really, really good at noticing this behavior and issues a permanent ban on the account when they notice. You are effectively scamming someone by selling your account to them.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Selling accounts has been a problem for games for a long time. People used to do it, then use the fact they had the CD keys and original payment info to reclaim the account. It created a huge headache, so it was banned. They also want to sell more games/expansions and have the new person put in the subscription time.

Forgot your password?