EVE

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
So I know several of us have played or do play EVE. I just picked it up yesterday OMG SO MANY STUFFS TO LEARN! I also know TEST has an alliance there is anyone actively involved with it? Pretty disappointed that I can't ram things though!

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
I am in TEST and have been playing for a while now. I can answer ALL the questions. (as long as I know their answers)

How are you liking it so far?

Reactions: Windsor

Daiten Baou

Rear Admiral
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
DaitenTryce
I'm not in TEST EVE... Was a Highsec bro well before I came to reddit. Yes... it can be daunting to some. Let us know if you need advice.

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
I was hesitant to start playing but finally took the plunge. And I will say it is filling my spaceship fix, I am really enjoying it so far. Granted I am barely out of the tutorial haha. I am sure I will have a million questions but as it stands I am just getting familiar with things.

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
Well that looked nice and then the first post I see is about report TEST members for "misbehaving".

Also I think I have found my first question. So the tutorials are almost wrapped up, and I am trying to figure out what my next move is. While I am quite certain that if I go straight to low sec I'ma get shot up but I can dig it I don't see any other way to learn the pew pew. So say I was to join this "Brave" dealeo. Would you as a complete noob sell all of your worldly possessions pack up and move to them? Or should I hang out in High Sec and do some missions until I get my skills trained a bit more?

Edit: I read more about this "Brave" apparently they live in High Sec? Correct me if I a wrong. Also this has created more questions than it answered. I am stuck at work tonight but will be around TS tmrw will any of you be on? Be a bit easier to talk it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluChew

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
Well that looked nice and then the first post I see is about report TEST members for "misbehaving".
All in good fun. Oh btw, I'm sure you've heard this already, but expect to lose ships. A lot of new folks rage quit after their 1st pop, its just part of the game. If you accept this idea now you'll enjoy EvE and all of her twisted presents.

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
All in good fun. Oh btw, I'm sure you've heard this already, but expect to lose ships. A lot of new folks rage quit after their 1st pop, its just part of the game. If you accept this idea now you'll enjoy EvE and all of her twisted presents.
Ah ok so I'm not going to get shouted at for "misbehaving/exploding" And yeah I expect I will explode quite often. But eventually I will pew pew something and it will go boom not super worried about it.

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
Edit: I read more about this "Brave" apparently they live in High Sec? Correct me if I a wrong. Also this has created more questions than it answered. I am stuck at work tonight but will be around TS tmrw will any of you be on? Be a bit easier to talk it out.
From what I understand Brave is heading out to Null space and being supported by TEST Alliance. Most PvP will usually occur in the low to null sec systems (0.4 - 0.0).

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
So then a safe assumption is this isn't exactly a "noobie" corp it's more a collection of alts and experienced pilots with no aversions to letting noobies in?

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
So then a safe assumption is this isn't exactly a "noobie" corp it's more a collection of alts and experienced pilots with no aversions to letting noobies in?
Exactly! However, if you really want to understand the game in a "organized" corp I would consider EvE University... Never thought I would ever recommend EvE Uni... EVAR'

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
Eww organization, no lolz, proper grammar, feels all school liek. I got all the learnin I needed frum da mean streetz yo.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I man, you are just starting Eve now?

Be prepared to put aside 30hrs per week!

BluChew, I was in Eve Uni when I started up, it was terrible!

Somebody wardecced and they said we were not allowed to leave the station because it would give them easy kills.

After two weeks of ship spinning, I left. lol

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
I man, you are just starting Eve now?

Be prepared to put aside 30hrs per week!

BluChew, I was in Eve Uni when I started up, it was terrible!

Somebody wardecced and they said we were not allowed to leave the station because it would give them easy kills.

After two weeks of ship spinning, I left. lol
30 hours of work, indeed. Excel tutorials will benefit you as well if you don't already know it, Windsor. ;)

Had plenty of good fun with UNI, the only thing that really disappointing me is that they were too predictable. Regardless, there were a select good few that eventually succumb to the outlaw life. :D

Windsor

Lieutenant
Feb 16, 2014
RSI Handle
thomaswindsor
Yes! I needed something to do until SC drops. The DFM is going to be awesome I am sure and depending on how much I enjoy dogfighting Hornets I may let EVE fall to the wayside. But I don't foresee the DFM being something I can play endlessly waiting on the PU to drop.

I took a few excel tut's last week to prepare myself! ;)

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I've got 2 or 3 post tutorial accounts where I've tried to get in to the whole thing. I don't know if I have the time to jump back in but as I never got to the 'meat' of the game I would be interested in hanging with the brave newbies for a bit and seeing what the score is. I'm more likely to do this if there are other TEST Squadron Newbies doing the same. Thread watched....

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I'm more likely to do this if there are other TEST Squadron Newbies doing the same. Thread watched....
I think Windsor who posted above you joined up with Brave Newbies recently.

Eve is a huge time sink, if you have the time, give it a spin.

Forgot your password?