Everspace Gets Joystick Support

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
The dev's drop the HOTAS/Joystick support update yesterday for Everspace. Exactly what I needed to get me back into the game. That being said, it is a bit....janky right now. They were quick to drop a hotfix for a few problems today, but not all. I'm sure they'll get it nailed down soon.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
It is quite a lot of fun, if you like the "rogue-like" genre @Blind Owl

*Rogue-lite? I dunno, those genres are weird. It is "permadeath" with permanent progression to your ship/pilot.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It is quite a lot of fun, if you like the "rogue-like" genre @Blind Owl

*Rogue-lite? I dunno, those genres are weird. It is "permadeath" with permanent progression to your ship/pilot.
I actually have it. I bought it maybe a year or more ago. Played it for a few days, haven't touched it since.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I actually have it. I bought it maybe a year or more ago. Played it for a few days, haven't touched it since.
I did the same. Played 8 or 9 hours (got about 1/2 through the game), then started playing other things. Once they get everything ironed out with Joysticks it will be more than enough for me to complete it. Right now they are working on sensitivity tweaks and a few other issues brought up in the forums. Including mine, which is quite frustrating: If I stop my T.A.R.G.E.T profile and restart it, the game seems to not recognize the inputs and I have to remap them (they get renamed). So, basically I must set up my controls each time I play.

I am personally going to wait a couple days/week to give them time to hammer things down. Just figured I'd share the news.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I did the same. Played 8 or 9 hours (got about 1/2 through the game), then started playing other things. Once they get everything ironed out with Joysticks it will be more than enough for me to complete it. Right now they are working on sensitivity tweaks and a few other issues brought up in the forums. Including mine, which is quite frustrating: If I stop my T.A.R.G.E.T profile and restart it, the game seems to not recognize the inputs and I have to remap them (they get renamed). So, basically I must set up my controls each time I play.

I am personally going to wait a couple days/week to give them time to hammer things down. Just figured I'd share the news.
I'm glad to hear they're giving out some much needed love.

That being said, I'll honestly probably never get back to it. I seem to have an extraordinary backlog of games that I've never played and may never get too.

Reactions: Miasmic
Forgot your password?