Exploration wise, have or will we set up a staging point?

Mirax Arneau

Commander
Donor
Dec 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Mirax-Arneau
Apologizing ahead of time if this has already been covered, I am just not seeing anything that addresses this directly.

Is there a plan set up, or a designated fringe system (or systems) that the exploration branch, or individual explorers will start out from. Basically, what I am wondering, are we going to coordinate from a particular area, or are we going to spread out to the nine winds?

There are certainly advantages to both. The broader the area, the more likely one or more explorers are to run across something interesting. Focusing on a particular set of areas allows us to more readily control and sweep the a fore mentioned particular areas, also the advantage of quicker military response if deemed necessary.

I'm ok with either approach.
I love the Idea of my Constellation bearing the Aquila of our Immortal Testie Emperor being the first ship to find the something "interesting."
I also equally love the Idea of having our glorious Imperial forces nearby to purge the unclean non-Testie heretics who dare stand in the way of our mighty sun-crashing aurora fleets.

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
I also equally love the Idea of having our glorious Imperial forces nearby to purge the unclean non-Testie heretics who dare stand in the way of our mighty sun-crashing aurora fleets.
My commissar senses tingled at this statement here.

I think its far too early to start making any set plans. What I see happening is segments of TEST focusing on different areas. That'll give us the best of both worlds in this scenario. We're a large org, we have enough people to cover all the bases. Plus, we don't tell TESTies what to do/how to play. But I will always give you suggestions on what to do to further TEST's glorious victory.

Mirax Arneau

Commander
Donor
Dec 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Mirax-Arneau
My commissar senses tingled at this statement here.

I think its far too early to start making any set plans. What I see happening is segments of TEST focusing on different areas. That'll give us the best of both worlds in this scenario. We're a large org, we have enough people to cover all the bases. Plus, we don't tell TESTies what to do/how to play. But I will always give you suggestions on what to do to further TEST's glorious victory.
The implication of anyone being told what to do certainly wasn't intended, I was mainly wondering on the level of coordination, and throwing the Broad vs. focused option up. And of course Glorifying the Immortal Montoya by urging our legions of Testies forward!

NecroKnight

Lieutenant
Dec 27, 2015
RSI Handle
NecroKnight
It's too early to have any sort of guidelines set in stone. And anyways, we'd all rather be drinking than doing that anyway.

I am certain we will have an HQ or something in the PU. But I would look at exploration as either an individual endeavor, or a sort of event in that branch. We are a pretty large organization, and I am sure you or anyone can round up a group of pilots and crew to go out and explore with you. Either as a planned event or as an impromptu call to arms.

Reactions: meatay
Forgot your password?