F8 Lightning is going into concept sale!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
View:
Confirmed: some ship(s?) coming for Citizencon

Wing Commander II Stream with Ben on Saturday

No more info runners (aside from Herald) in the works but there may be a way to setup other/existing ships for the role

Herald 'courier' style role will make it into game prior to 'hacker stuff'

Refueling mechanics (Starfarer) not promised for 3.0 but also 'not insanely far away'

F8 Lightning: Its role in squadron has changed, may now go for sale, in any case they probably want some way for players to get a try at it

Cutlass: rework kicked off again
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/52zi0q/bensday_with_batgirl_and_ben_lesnick_episode_60/

Seems to me like a mean competitor to the Super Hornet. What are you thinking about it?

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Its ugly and cant see left and right
"Space Superiority Designed as the next generation super space superiority fighter, particulary with fighting the Vanduul in mind, it is a more nimble, more heavily armed fighter craft than its F7 predecessor. Discarding the second turret for more fixed weaponry, the Lightning is designed to take out any target that is in front of it - and it's easy to get a target in front of it."

You dont need to worry about your left and right :D

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
"Space Superiority Designed as the next generation super space superiority fighter, particulary with fighting the Vanduul in mind, it is a more nimble, more heavily armed fighter craft than its F7 predecessor. Discarding the second turret for more fixed weaponry, the Lightning is designed to take out any target that is in front of it - and it's easy to get a target in front of it."

You dont need to worry about your left and right :D
I would definitely be tempted. Do we know anything about it other than the concept spiel about nimble and firepower? Does it have interior space?

Reactions: StdDev and AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I would definitely be tempted. Do we know anything about it other than the concept spiel about nimble and firepower? Does it have interior space?
Honestly, I don't care. Call me stupid, but I simply LOVE the design. If it finally becomes a bad fighter I'll nail it as a trophy onto the walls of my hangar for looking at it every day.

DeepDrum

Captain
Jun 27, 2016
RSI Handle
DeepDrum
I voted no for the concept sale.
It would only result in another ship that the rich can use to eliminate people from even playing in certain sections of Arena Commander. I missed out on the Sabre and it really messed up my fun when they came in all OP and chit.
It sure looks like my kind of ship though.
I'd vote for a free fly anytime to help get the bugs out.
To actually buy another backer ship now after what they did to my Tracker?
I'm a little leery.
Keep up the great work CIG.

Forgot your password?