Feedback from PTU 2.6.2

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Spent about an hour in the PTU finally, after reassigning my control setup (forgot I could import the previous) and took the Bucc out for a Test spin, best spin.

Not originally impressed with the Bucc's performance but could be ping and netcode issues, took forever to kill a Nine Tails Aurora, literally no excuse to take 5 minutes of circle strafing to kill that damn little bastard in something as heavily armed as the Bucc.

The model itself is beautiful and once I got all the unexpected flight control leftovers removed she behaved pretty nice - probably need to give her another run and see if it gets better.

Several foundational graphical issues I had previously dealt with are fixed I am happy to say, especially the LOD issue I used to have where things did not render correctly more than about 10 feet away from me - was really a problem with Crusader from inside Olisar. Crusader the planet looked great, the station looked great, starfields looked awesome, the asteroids and such all beautiful and frame rate was decent (not a lot of visually detectable issues). And that is an AMD FX 6300-16GB with R7-360-2GB at 2560x1440, nothing overclocked - can't wait to upgrade the video card eventually.

Really happy overall with improvements I saw from previous 2.6.1, looked great - maybe Bucc and I will figure out to get along, as it ought to be an outright beast even with stock loadout.

'Gimp

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Over all impression for 2.6.2 from playing PTU 2+ days almost non stop straight was yeah not bad some improvements really smooth over all flow more fps noticable.. Then doing a lot of... Pirate swarm, Vanduul, and pirvate mach, one on one.. racing all tracks and many different ships used... etc..

Then today I went back to play 30 - 40min + in 2.6.1... yeah... ok...mm...
My final verdict after that is Oh! Yeah! 2.6.2 when do we marry, you're amazing :P

What a big difference it really is... :beer::beer::beers::beers::beers:

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I once visited a Bucky's in Texas while driving across the country. Them damned beavers....
Oh sorry, I thought you said Becky's.

Pros:
The Buccy is fun to fly (so was Becky).

Most of the 2.6.2 patch is bug fixes for SM. Much needed I have to say.
The return of TrackIR has been widely cheered by many.

Cons:
It ain't 3.0

Forgot your password?