Vice Admiral
Dec 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Kitehorn
Hey there :)

Where you from stranger?

Moscow, Russia.

What drew you to Star Citizen?

As soon as I heard about an open sandbox game with player-driven economy that had space combat at its core I told myself I absolutely had to give it a try. Here I am now, a proud owner of an Aurora LN in a discount hangar xD

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

I look forward to logging in and fully immersing myself in the game in its entirety. I don't want to restrict myself by choosing a specific role, so I'd rather do a little bit of everything. I have to warn you though - I will probably suck at dogfighting. This coupled with an unhealthy attraction to big ships means I will most likely end up piloting the Idris or something similar in size.

What was the first game you remember playing?

Not the first game I ever played, but definitely the one I remember most vividly among the first ones is Armored Fist 3 by Novalogic. Looking back I can't believe I spent so many hours on it. Had a blast though.

What other games do you play?

Eve Online (roughly since 2008, taking long breaks here and there), Planetside (played since beta, Miller, burned out) currently Warframe and whatever I feel like playing from my Steam library.

Picard or Kirk?

Kirk.

Last edited:

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
What was the first game you remember playing?

Not the first game I ever played, but definitely the one I remember most vividly among the first ones is Armored Fist 3 by Novalogic. Looking back I can't believe I spent so many hours on it. Had a blast though.
I loved their games. Cannot tell you how many hours I logged in Blackhawk Down and Joint Operations. So much fun and the mods were outstanding.

Welcome aboard!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Out of curiosity what corp/alliance were you in EVE? :D I myself am part of Obsidian Front.

And WELCOME :D

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Welcome to TEST Squadron! I think you're our first Russian, so have a Russian cookie:

I have to warn you though - I will probably suck at dogfighting. This coupled with an unhealthy attraction to big ships means I will most likely end up piloting the Idris or something similar in size.
Well this is good! We'll always need more people to pilot the Bengal we eventually capture.

axelrankpoke

Vice Admiral
Dec 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Kitehorn
Out of curiosity what corp/alliance were you in EVE? :D I myself am part of Obsidian Front.

And WELCOME :D
I'm part of a loosely associated group called EvE Flight School. Few people outside of Russian Eve community have heard of it, despite it being the primary cross-corporation educational/PvP institution for the Russian community. It's like Eve Uni for Russians, with focus heavily shifted towards PvP.

It's based off of a single thread on eve-ru.com forums where FC's usually leave their fleet reports, an ingame channel called Eve Flight School and a public mailing list AEFC.

The way it works is an FC willing to schedule an operation sends a message to AEFC mailing list giving the date, time, and a starting system. Anyone willing to participate X's in the channel and is then invited to the fleet. Comms are usually listed in fleet MOTD, we mostly use DarkSide's Teamspeak server where we have a dedicated channel. Loot above ~20 million ISK per piece is sold and all the money is deposited to that particular FC's account in the EFS Fund. That fund is used to reimburse pilots who have lost their ships and have reasonable fittings. Most FC's have billions of ISK on their accounts and follow EFS standardized reimbursement rules courtesy of Kutris, which have standard ship loadouts for every class with the amount of ISK reimbursed. Generally speaking, if you are flying anything T2 (except HAC's) you are going to get reimbursed.

First started as a PvP school for newbies by Ariru, it has grown into a full-fledged massive PvP project for newbies and vets alike. We normally have multiple 70+ people fleets every day, at least one at Russian TZ prime time (UTC+4). With over 300+ in a channel at any given time we are capable of running pretty much any subcap fleet format. Not being based on any corporation/alliance has its perks, as no one can potentially thwart our operations by wardeccing us and there's no membership which makes it pretty difficult obtain any kind of reliable intel. However, it also means we have to rely on partner alliances for logistics support and titan bridging. EFS is a primary source of new PvP pilots for major Russian sov holding alliances so they rarely refuse to help.

We had over 15 active FC's last time I checked and a lot of visiting FC's from alliances like DarkSide, SOLAR, RED, Hydra Reloaded and so on. We've had combined bomber squad ops with AAA bomber wings and -D- Naga fleets.

To sum it up, it's like being in a 0.0 PvP alliance without the sov/CTA chore.

Welcome to TEST Squadron! I think you're our first Russian, so have a Russian cookie:

Aww nice I'll have something for my vodka break tomorrow.

Must resist soviet russia joke.
In soviet russia, jokes resist you!
Well, at least you tried :D

Edit: typos, grammar, excessive use of obscure memes

Last edited:

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Well it's about time we get someone who's not a dedicated Aurora kamikaze pilot- we could definitely use a dedicated Idris kamikaze pilot. Welcome!

Reactions: Flipper

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Well it's about time we get someone who's not a dedicated Aurora kamikaze pilot- we could definitely use a dedicated Idris kamikaze pilot. Welcome!
I predict that, in a heated firefight, axelrankpoke is going to be tasked to fly one of the fleet Mustangs out of the belly of the UEE Idris Elba, and he'll devastate the enemy in a shocking series of brilliant tactical dogfights. Later, we'll discover that he's the worst pilot we have in the fleet, except when plied with enough vodka and Russian cookies, when he becomes the terror of space.

Our terror of space.

Welcome to Test!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I'm part of a loosely associated group called EvE Flight School. Few people outside of Russian Eve community have heard of it, despite it being the primary cross-corporation educational/PvP institution for the Russian community. It's like Eve Uni for Russians, with focus heavily shifted towards PvP.

It's based off of a single thread on eve-ru.com forums where FC's usually leave their fleet reports, an ingame channel called Eve Flight School and a public mailing list AEFC.

The way it works is an FC willing to schedule an operation sends a message to AEFC mailing list giving the date, time, and a starting system. Anyone willing to participate X's in the channel and is then invited to the fleet. Comms are usually listed in fleet MOTD, we mostly use DarkSide's Teamspeak server where we have a dedicated channel. Loot above ~20 million ISK per piece is sold and all the money is deposited to that particular FC's account in the EFS Fund. That fund is used to reimburse pilots who have lost their ships and have reasonable fittings. Most FC's have billions of ISK on their accounts and follow EFS standardized reimbursement rules courtesy of Kutris, which have standard ship loadouts for every class with the amount of ISK reimbursed. Generally speaking, if you are flying anything T2 (except HAC's) you are going to get reimbursed.

First started as a PvP school for newbies by Ariru, it has grown into a full-fledged massive PvP project for newbies and vets alike. We normally have multiple 70+ people fleets every day, at least one at Russian TZ prime time (UTC+4). With over 300+ in a channel at any given time we are capable of running pretty much any subcap fleet format. Not being based on any corporation/alliance has its perks, as no one can potentially thwart our operations by wardeccing us and there's no membership which makes it pretty difficult obtain any kind of reliable intel. However, it also means we have to rely on partner alliances for logistics support and titan bridging. EFS is a primary source of new PvP pilots for major Russian sov holding alliances so they rarely refuse to help.

We had over 15 active FC's last time I checked and a lot of visiting FC's from alliances like DarkSide, SOLAR, RED, Hydra Reloaded and so on. We've had combined bomber squad ops with AAA bomber wings and -D- Naga fleets.

To sum it up, it's like being in a 0.0 PvP alliance without the sov/CTA chore.
Edit: typos, grammar, excessive use of obscure memes
Sound freakin'n Awesome :D

Forgot your password?