First look at Babbage landing zone on Microtech

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
Misfires and component degradation... Man I'm not sure I'm going to like that. I've just had to scrap my 25 year old car as it's brakes gave up. Traumatic!
So many questions. Do you get rid of cars every time they need a brake job? Have you driven this car for 25 years without ever working on the brakes? How are you still alive?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
My 10 YO truck had massive brake issues. Every brake line was rotting out and it would have required a replacement of most braking components to get it to the point I would have trusted it again, new master cylinder, new lines, new hoses. It was the vehicle I towed with, and the biggest issue with towing is stopping.

It wasn’t the cost of any one thing, but replacing it all would have cost 3x what it was worth when fixed. I traded it in to the dealer for a new truck. The new one is now 9 YO, but it’s still rock solid.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Misfires and component degradation... Man I'm not sure I'm going to like that. I've just had to scrap my 25 year old car as it's brakes gave up. Traumatic!
Provided they give appropriate longevity, I have no problems with component degradation. That said, appropriate longevity would be months of play time if not involved in combat and not overclocking. Yes, there should be the need to perform routine maintenance, but that should restore components to near full health if done frequently enough. Once beyond a certain number of hours, you might need to get an overhaul at a shipyard which will refresh everything to near perfect health. Remember, ships are designed for decades of use, it doesn’t make financial sense to replace your ship 2-3 times a year because it wears out..

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
NOOOO! And it had such nice 080085!

Forgot your password?