First Person Mining: The Basics. Updated.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Thought I would throw this out there for those that are interested, as pertains to First Person Mining:

Greycat Multi-tool (this includes the Orebit attachment for mining): Levski, Lorville, and Area18
NOTE: You may also find the Quickflare glowsticks at these areas as well.

MaxFlex Rucksack (this holds 12SP of harvestables): Port Olisar, Lorville and Area18
NOTE: Regular armor can hold 1-2SP of harvestables, except the Maxflex Torso armor, it holds 3SP

Where to find caves:
There are 15 caves; 5 on Daymar, 5 on Aberdeen, and 5 on Hurston. One of the easiest to find caves is called Kudre Mine (Closed). Just a word of warning, it is a hunting ground for greivers as it is an easy to find cave. The other caves are spread around in the middle of no where and are easiest found by getting the "Investigation" mission to look for lost clients.
NOTE: You will not receive these missions if you have a crime rating of any sort. This was proven incorrect.

Also, harvestables can only be sold at Admin Offices currently. Drove me nuts going from place to place trying to sell them, then someone told me of this. It is confirmed.

A full load of Hadanite, will net you close to 33,000 credits. So this can be seen as a lucrative venture. My best so far was a full ruck load in a box as well as 5SP in my ruck, sold for 43,425 cred.

If you put harvestables in a box, that box must be on a ship with a cargo grid to be able to sell it. A box in a Prospector will not show up and cannot be sold unless in a ship like a Titan with a cargo grid.

It is confirmed, you can FPM in caves, on planets and moons, as well as on asteroids in space.

Adding in a screenie of the Multi-tool with mining attachment:

Large bar to the left is the rock energy indicator.

Top to Bottom on the Status box to the right:

Hardness
Instability
Weight
Name of Mineral

Center left is power cell capacity and center right is power output to Orebit attachment.

Star Citizen 10_5_2019 9_44_24 AM.png

Screenies of mining on moon/planet surface. Yes, you can do that also:

Currently three ships can detect resources, Prospector, Sen and Terrapin. Only the Prospector will list if it is ore or mineral on the scan.
What the Harvestable will look like from a ship (Prospector in this case) when scanned:

Star Citizen 10_6_2019 10_08_19 AM.png

What it looks like upon approach:

Star Citizen 10_6_2019 10_09_30 AM.png

Surface Mining of "Gemstone Ore"

Star Citizen 10_6_2019 10_11_49 AM.png

More to come as I stumble across it.

Attachments

Last edited:

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Since I finally got to Lorville (it only took 5 times, yay alpha!) I got all my mining gear ready to go check out the hype. Going to grab the Prospector and give it a go some tomorrow and most of the day Sunday. This is some good info!

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Okay,..reading some of the posts makes me ponder where I have been :drunk: or perhaps the level of intoxication having missed the boat. Is this available now in the current patch or just around the corner in the next:wut:. As always good luck out there and thank you for the insight as always!!!

• Drunk
Reactions: Vavrik and Zookajoe

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Okay,..reading some of the posts makes me ponder where I have been :drunk: or perhaps the level of intoxication having missed the boat. Is this available now in the current patch or just around the corner in the next:wut:. As always good luck out there and thank you for the insight as always!!!
This is the 3.7 patch, Wave 1 is currently testing it so it is just around the corner. Should go live on the 10th I think?

Reactions: Vavrik

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I wasn't able to use any of the vendor kiosks in Port O, after I selected buy it would wait a while and then the kiosk would have the message "service error" instead of giving me my purchase. Anyone else encounter that before?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
PTU Version: 3.7.0 - ETF, Concierge, Subscribers

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I wasn't able to use any of the vendor kiosks in Port O, after I selected buy it would wait a while and then the kiosk would have the message "service error" instead of giving me my purchase. Anyone else encounter that before?
I also find that I cannot sell at the Kiosks on Levski, so it seems that Lorville it is so far.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Okay,...Im both a subscriber and concierge but as the caveman in the group have yet to figure out how to access that as well as the simplest PTT communications in game 🥴 .Need a cave man emoji for folks like me but I certainly am looking forwards to trying this all out:like:.Thanks for clearing up my game hang over:o7:. Hail the Auroras!!
On another note I found the land of milk and honey a/k/a PTU,......Its a miracle of modern alcoholic technology,...I can almost learn something new!! Lets see what else I can screw up :drunk:

Last edited:

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
@SoloFlyer @Zookajoe
That was a temporary issue, CIG turned off all shop sales and ship claiming while they did some work on the back-end to resolve an issue that was causing a lot of 30ks, they should be back on again now.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Okay,...Im both a subscriber and concierge but as the caveman in the group have yet to figure out how to access that as well as the simplest PTT communications in game 🥴 .Need a cave man emoji for folks like me but I certainly am looking forwards to trying this all out:like:.Thanks for clearing up my game hang over:o7:. Hail the Auroras!!
On another note I found the land of milk and honey a/k/a PTU,......Its a miracle of modern alcoholic technology,...I can almost learn something new!! Lets see what else I can screw up :drunk:
  1. Go to the RSI site
  2. Go to your Account Settings
  3. Select PUBLIC TEST UNIVERSE
  4. Click 'Copy Account to PTU'
  5. Check your email
  6. Follow the instructions from the email

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
  1. Go to the RSI site
  2. Go to your Account Settings
  3. Select PUBLIC TEST UNIVERSE
  4. Click 'Copy Account to PTU'
  5. Check your email
  6. Follow the instructions from the email
Done and done young Jedi :o7: My custom control profiles didn't come over to the PTU but I will adapt and overcome:drunk:.

Reactions: Deroth and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
@SoloFlyer @Zookajoe
That was a temporary issue, CIG turned off all shop sales and ship claiming while they did some work on the back-end to resolve an issue that was causing a lot of 30ks, they should be back on again now.
Thanks! That explains the issues I had yesterday. I have limited time to play this weekend, and I used most of it up trying to figure that out.

Forgot your password?