Fleet Management

Artemus

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2013
So it's no doubt that our Charter states that Auroras will be supplied to those who don't have one. It got me thinking about how massive our fleet must be with some 3k strong members and affiliates collectively.

I was hoping to use this thread as a more exact evaluation as to what we as an Organization have in terms of ships. With Dogfighting now available to play, we can effectively begin to plan how we want to divide up the organization as the Persistent Universe is being developed, so we're not caught up being confused on what to do when it finally arrives.

As of right now - this is all I've been able to collect for the fleet. Feel free to comment in this thread or PM me with your own Hangar loadout. Thanks!

- 1 RSI Aurora LN
- 1 Anvil Aerospace Hornet
- 1 MISC Freelancer
- 1 Origin 300i

Last edited:

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Hey Artemus!

It's always good to be thinking of plans and taking initiative. However, we don't want to be jumping the gun too much.

In terms of planning how we want to device up the organization, there's a long way to go for that. TEST is all about having fun and allowing people to do whatever they want to do. We don't want to make it so you can only do whatever you sign up for, and nothing else. We want people to do whatever you want. So say one say, you want to try some piracy or mining or what have you, we want you to be able to just hop on TeamSpeak and be like "Hey, who wants to organize some secret pirate runs with me?", and you can do your own thing, create a temporary channel in TeamSpeak, and go at it! It won't be much fun if you have to jump through 100 hoops just to do what you want in-game.

There will be layers of leadership and structure, but we want people to be able to do what they want :)

But keep in mind, the game is very far away and there is room for things to change :)

As for the fleet count, it's tough to get an accurate count just based on people's posts. First off, there's no way we'd be able to get every single member to post. Second, there's no way to ensure accuracy.

For example:

I have
-1x Aurora LN
-1x Hornet
-1x Connie

If somebody posted that, you'd have no reason not to believe them. When in fact, I only have a 300i.

While I don't think anybody would lie, it's just too difficult to ensure accuracy.

Artemus

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2013
Oh I understand that, and with all these members it can be difficult to get really anything accomplished (as you mentioned, the essential point of TEST is to just do what you think is fun to do.)

I'm on the fenceline of hardcore roleplayer to metagame strategist. I mean, I sure don't mind smashing the LN into a few suns here and there, but I'm more on the ends of enjoying the Space Sim fantasy. When posting this thread, I had no intention to ACTUALLY have accounted for every ship TEST has available under its banner. But for those interested/curious, there'd be some kind of compendium as to what is possible with a few dedicated people. Just thought it'd be something worth doing while waiting for future updates.

...also added your 300i to the list :P

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Oh I understand that, and with all these members it can be difficult to get really anything accomplished (as you mentioned, the essential point of TEST is to just do what you think is fun to do.)

I'm on the fenceline of hardcore roleplayer to metagame strategist. I mean, I sure don't mind smashing the LN into a few suns here and there, but I'm more on the ends of enjoying the Space Sim fantasy. When posting this thread, I had no intention to ACTUALLY have accounted for every ship TEST has available under its banner. But for those interested/curious, there'd be some kind of compendium as to what is possible with a few dedicated people. Just thought it'd be something worth doing while waiting for future updates.

...also added your 300i to the list :p
It's always good to try to plan stuff out for the future. I can assure you that we have every sort of players at TEST. Including hardcore Roleplayers and metagame stragetists. Without a doubt, you'll find friends to play with.

Once RSI implements website/organization updates, the Fleet Count will be nice and official :) We have had several fleet count posts in the past, most only get a few dozen replies.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
It's always good to try to plan stuff out for the future. I can assure you that we have every sort of players at TEST. Including hardcore Roleplayers and metagame stragetists. Without a doubt, you'll find friends to play with.

Once RSI implements website/organization updates, the Fleet Count will be nice and official :) We have had several fleet count posts in the past, most only get a few dozen replies.
And we always seem to have a suspiciously high amount of Idris and Scythe owners.

Forgot your password?