Fleet Repository

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'll be bringing a Sentinel/Harbinger to the battle.
They're due in three months, brother! I could just pee myself--which is a reason to drag your leg around, drool out the corner of your mouth, and play pirate. Pirates do that. It's like somoeone was cheerleading and shouted "give me a P !!!" and well. . .

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The only thing needed to defeat a Reclaimer in battle is for the TESTie fighting it to drink the Reclaimer pilot under the table so badly that they pass out & accidentally trigger the self destruct mechanism while the rest of the crew is sleeping. Cheers!
A classic strategy that has bought GLORY to TEST on more than one occasion!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
How are people producing the images with the ships by size? Is there a site where you pick your ships and it creates an image for you?

My Current Fleet:
Future Ships:

The Cutlass and Dragonfly are LTI chassis that I plan to use to upgrade to different ships, probably the A2 Hercules and Mercury Star Runner when they're on sale again. The Corsair has potential to me, but I'm not sure if I'll love it or not so the verdict is out on that.

I wanted the 600i to be my home ship, but it's exceptionally gutless as far as weapons are concerned, especially the turrets. I'm also not a fan of the large amount of wasted space. Hopefully they'll come out with a military variant that I can upgrade to. That being said, I do hope that it's an effective explorer if no military variant comes out.

The 325a and Super Hornet are intended to be my fighters, though I'm not sure if the 325a is going to really serve that purpose well. We'll see when they get the updated version into game.

The Prospector and Vulture are for making money outside of missions.

The Freelancer MAX is obvious, that's for running medium cargo, especially those drug labs we find with crates of goodies just waiting to be taken.

The Redeemer is intended for space combat support and when appropriate dropping troops, it is a drop-ship after all.

The Mercury Star Runner will probably wind up being my home away from home, I just hope it's offensive and defensive capabilities remind us of the Millennium Falcon since they make so many references to that ship being the inspiration.

As for the A2 Hercules, I'm hoping it's going to be the Hammerhead alternative I've been looking for, it has its disadvantages, but maybe CIG will recognize those and address them before the ship is added to the game. This could wind up being my second home ship or first based on how things play out. I'm less interested in making bombing runs, I chose the A2 because of its offensive capabilities, but I could care less about the big bombs taking up storage space in the hangar bay.

Last edited:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris

Shiwaz

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Shiwaz

Decided to spread my moneys worth on different solo and multicrew ships for the roles I believe I'll enjoy after release. Luckily, exploration, data/cargo hauling and science sound like roles which will compliment each other nicely. Lastly, I tried to pick ships which belong in early, mid or late gameplay loops.

Data/cargo hauling: Mercury for early/mid game hauls and smuggling (my starter) with Aquila as a backup, Polaris for the more expensive/bigger hauls later on.
Exploration: Terrapin (scouting), Aquila (solo), Carrack (multi) and some ground vehicles for planetside.
Science: Aquila for early game and Endeavor for mid/late game.
Combat: Raven (solo) and Polaris (multi) for squandering my profits on the weekends. Terrapin should pair nicely as a scout for the Polaris aswell.

First order of business will be to get some pods for the Endeavor, as I only have the hull.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Not gonna lie. I actually got shrinkage reading these posts. I don't want to show mine now...
Remember some of us have been at this since 2012, so it can seriously build up over time.

If you'd joined the project near the end of 2014 and pledged only $20 a month (50 months), you'd be in concierge by now.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Thinking about getting the caterpillar back as i still love this ship somehow. . .
If you really want to haul cargo, I think when you see what you get with the Hull C, you'll forget the Cat.

Did you know there was a statement about a year ago that these large, external cargo carrying ships can carry missile pods in place of cargo pods? I'm sure to work it would need to be in a position that on the outside of any particular rack, but the idea of the thing makes external carry MIGHTY. And the Hulls C was already an extremely cleverly designed bird with lots of benefits.

No, the Hull series probably cannot take a hit, but if it is locking on pirates at 20 km and acting in extreme prejudice, does that really matter?

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
If you really want to haul cargo, I think when you see what you get with the Hull C, you'll forget the Cat.

Did you know there was a statement about a year ago that these large, external cargo carrying ships can carry missile pods in place of cargo pods? I'm sure to work it would need to be in a position that on the outside of any particular rack, but the idea of the thing makes external carry MIGHTY. And the Hulls C was already an extremely cleverly designed bird with lots of benefits.

No, the Hull series probably cannot take a hit, but if it is locking on pirates at 20 km and acting in extreme prejudice, does that really matter?
Oh Yeah Hull is all about min / maxing cargo transport. While i like the idea of a Q-Ship, i'm not sure if CIG ever will implement that, for balancing reasons. Anyway gonna keep that Hull C.
Caterpillar should offer some versatility with its modules, has a tractor beam, an iconic look (to me) and a good "medium sized" cargo bay. Salvage and a med bay are very likely to come.
Nut sure about its current ability to land on planets, but thats something a Hull C can't do (Hull B should).

Forgot your password?