MISC Reliant Tana
Origin 325a
Aegis Sabre Raven
Anvil Arrow

Surface:
Drake Dragonfly Black

Mining (to make money when I have lost everything!):
MISC Prospector

Would love to upgrade the Prospector/Arrow/325a to Vanguard Warden or another long range fighter!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm interested in combat, but not so much dogfighting. I am waiting to find out how useful the NPC pilots are. I'm interested in working with at least one other starting with a Hoplite or Sentinel, and adding Vanguards over time. If just a couple guys can lead an attack wing of Vanguards and have the NPCs launch missiles when instructed, that could make a really fast and flexible attack team.

After some time I want to add a Polaris. I don't expect it in game for a couple years yet so no rush, but I think it will be out before there is much to explore. I'm thinking I may want half dozen Razor EX for spotters for the Polaris, and it appears that many may fit in the Polaris hangar. The question is again, how much instruction can you give an NPC pilot? Can you get them to fly specific coordinates with stealth enabled? We'll see.

Thraesh

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Thraesh19
I'm interested in combat, but not so much dogfighting. I am waiting to find out how useful the NPC pilots are. I'm interested in working with at least one other starting with a Hoplite or Sentinel, and adding Vanguards over time. If just a couple guys can lead an attack wing of Vanguards and have the NPCs launch missiles when instructed, that could make a really fast and flexible attack team.

After some time I want to add a Polaris. I don't expect it in game for a couple years yet so no rush, but I think it will be out before there is much to explore. I'm thinking I may want half dozen Razor EX for spotters for the Polaris, and it appears that many may fit in the Polaris hangar. The question is again, how much instruction can you give an NPC pilot? Can you get them to fly specific coordinates with stealth enabled? We'll see.
Soo....what's your fleet? lol

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee

I'm curious how you came up with 6 Razors fitting in a Polaris fighter bay. It's a bay designed for a single fighter and the Razor is small, but not 1/6th the size of, say a Gladius.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm curious how you came up with 6 Razors fitting in a Polaris fighter bay. It's a bay designed for a single fighter and the Razor is small, but not 1/6th the size of, say a Gladius.
I'm guessing. It's only a guess. They don't need to all fit at once anyway. They only need to refuel. However, it does seem if they'll fit, they'll make large jumps much, much more quickly. The benefit of using them as stealth recon spotters for the Polaris Torps is they will coast uncoupled at VERY high speed--325.

Scan area is a radius circle, so the area you can scan is quadratic (r^2) with scan radius, however; if you are scanning a region by drifting through it, the area you can scan over time is linear with radius, so it matters much less that the scan is short radius if the movement is very high. Looks like a plausible solution so far.

Current rumor is the Polaris bay is 29L x 21.5W x 8.95H. That's until the entire ship goes through the size creep from the new dimensioning of all the walls, etc. The ship could easily go from 155m to 180m and the bay would grow with it. If not, then it would only fit 4, but it only needs to grow just a little to fit 6 and that seems likely. Also, there is room to stack Razor's 3 high if there ever develops a way to do that. I would not be surprised if 6 Razors and 6 X1 Force bikes will fit in the hangar, but we need to wait and see. Will likely be another 2 years.

Point is, I can imagine paying to keep 6 top-quality NPC pilots on tap for use with Vanguards and Razors. If all the NPCs do is launch missiles from Harbingers, I think they will be able to manage, and if all they do is drift a sector to scan, that could work too. This keeps the real players available for the real thinking tasks.

Forgot your password?