Fluctuating Download Speed

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Hello fellow Testies! This may have been brought up before, but I didn't know where to look, so here it goes...

Every time I go to download an update for SC, the download speed is all over the map. Sometimes it's like "Hey! You can go grab a quick dinner and then come home and dive right in!" And then two minutes later it's "I hope you don't plan on playing this game for the next 11 years!" Is it a problem on my end, or is this a common thing? Any advice on how to fix it, if it's on my end? Thanks guys (and gals)!

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
If you use Avast antivirus, turn that off. Avast has been causing me non stop grief when it comes to SC downloads and that's even when I list the program as an exception to the firewall.

Edit 1: After SC is downloaded you can turn Avast back on ;).

Reactions: The Razgriz

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
If you use Avast antivirus, turn that off. Avast has been causing me non stop grief when it comes to SC downloads and that's even when I list the program as an exception to the firewall.

Edit 1: After SC is downloaded you can turn Avast back on ;).
I'll make sure to do that. I've been using Avast since before I got into SC, so I guess it makes sense that I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?