For the ROC miners among us

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I actually prefer ROC mining on Deymar: quantity are good, and selling at PO is very quick since there are no elevator to take.
Plus is usually a very low populated area since most of the new addition are on Microtec and Hurston so the risk of unwanted encounter is low.
After all the mining loop is for tthe relaxing playsession, I prefer to trade some income in exchange for an easy going eviroment...

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I actually prefer ROC mining on Deymar: quantity are good, and selling at PO is very quick since there are no elevator to take.
Plus is usually a very low populated area since most of the new addition are on Microtec and Hurston so the risk of unwanted encounter is low.
After all the mining loop is for tthe relaxing playsession, I prefer to trade some income in exchange for an easy going eviroment...
I did hear that you can sell your Roc cargo at the mining locations that you spawn your vehicle from....Arcorp Mining 141 i think on daymar....i havent tried it yet though

Reactions: minor_accident

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I did hear that you can sell your Roc cargo at the mining locations that you spawn your vehicle from....Arcorp Mining 141 i think on daymar....i havent tried it yet though
That's what I've been doing with my ROC - grab it from a mining outpost (if not already loaded in a ship) and fly out to mine, then return to the closest mining outpost to sell what I had mined and to repair the ROC (or "claim" a replacement if it "died") before heading out again.

For ships to carry the ROC: While the Cutlass Black is suitable, I've found that the Freelancer MAX and the Valkyrie are better options, due to the wider ramps\cargo areas, as well as the hull being closer to the ground when landing, placing less restrictions on where you can land to load\unload the ROC - using a cargo bay with a ramp, rather than a lift, also makes loading\unloading quicker so you spend more time scanning\mining and less time switching between vehicles.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
That's what I've been doing with my ROC - grab it from a mining outpost (if not already loaded in a ship) and fly out to mine, then return to the closest mining outpost to sell what I had mined and to repair the ROC (or "claim" a replacement if it "died") before heading out again.
Exactly, I haven't done it this patch yet, but previously I've just been selling it at any outpost on the moon with a trade terminal.

Especially on Daymar (& all other high traffic moons) you would be smart to make sure you are more than 30km away from any outpost, as you can easily be found by those who, ahem, like interaction in their MMO's.

Reactions: Scape

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Exactly, I haven't done it this patch yet, but previously I've just been selling it at any outpost on the moon with a trade terminal.

Especially on Daymar (& all other high traffic moons) you would be smart to make sure you are more than 30km away from any outpost, as you can easily be found by those who, ahem, like interaction in their MMO's.
If you don't mind the travel time, jumping to an OM once you collect your ROC\arrive with ROC, then heading towards the planet, aiming at the sunlit areas works well for a semi-random mining location - scanner set to 179, and fly towards the sun when at suitable scanning altitude to avoid covering ground you had already searched. Clusters should appear at around 3.5-4.5km (if it first pops up at greater distance, it's a Prospector\Mole cluster, if it first pops at leass than 1-1.5km, then it's a hand-mineable cluster) and if it disappears when you do another ping, it's a Prospector\Mole mineable (possibly quantanium, but I don't recall - I checked a couple a while back, realised it was a waste of time heading to see what it was and have ignored them since).

The best spot on Daymar used to be heading to OM1, then flying towards the planet, keeping the ship aimed at OM2, as there was a lot of Hadanite there in clusters, and it was always daylight in that area. Unfortunately 3.17.0 (from memory) resulted in the area having significantly less and smaller clusters. When I go to Daymar, I've tended to head to one of OM3-OM6 and head towards the sunlit surface (in the rough direction of OM1) to find reasonable clusters, although Daymar seems to rarely have more than 4 or 5 rocks per cluster now - The bigger the cluster, the more profit for your time as you don't have to land, unload ROC, drive to cluster, then return to ship and take off as often - I tend to avoid 1-3 rock clusters unless that's all I'm finding, and unless a cluster is 9+, I only mine Hadanite.

ROC's can be repaired on the large landing pads in the same way that any other ship can be (this often requires it to be the only ship\vehicle on the pad to work), which can help prevent them dying (mining laser stopping working - generally when you find a good cluster) and is quicker than claiming a new one, too.

One thing I'd love to see implemented is the 1/8th SCU boxes that can be bought from cargo centres being used in the ROC to hold what you mine, so you can simply eject a full box, put an empty one there and continue, rather than having to lift out each piece one-by-one (Or use "voice attack" with a command set up to automate this).

Jun 20, 2022
RSI Handle
diabolus_ex_machina
If you don't mind the travel time, jumping to an OM once you collect your ROC\arrive with ROC, then heading towards the planet, aiming at the sunlit areas works well for a semi-random mining location - scanner set to 179, and fly towards the sun when at suitable scanning altitude to avoid covering ground you had already searched. Clusters should appear at around 3.5-4.5km (if it first pops up at greater distance, it's a Prospector\Mole cluster, if it first pops at leass than 1-1.5km, then it's a hand-mineable cluster) and if it disappears when you do another ping, it's a Prospector\Mole mineable (possibly quantanium, but I don't recall - I checked a couple a while back, realised it was a waste of time heading to see what it was and have ignored them since).

The best spot on Daymar used to be heading to OM1, then flying towards the planet, keeping the ship aimed at OM2, as there was a lot of Hadanite there in clusters, and it was always daylight in that area. Unfortunately 3.17.0 (from memory) resulted in the area having significantly less and smaller clusters. When I go to Daymar, I've tended to head to one of OM3-OM6 and head towards the sunlit surface (in the rough direction of OM1) to find reasonable clusters, although Daymar seems to rarely have more than 4 or 5 rocks per cluster now - The bigger the cluster, the more profit for your time as you don't have to land, unload ROC, drive to cluster, then return to ship and take off as often - I tend to avoid 1-3 rock clusters unless that's all I'm finding, and unless a cluster is 9+, I only mine Hadanite.

ROC's can be repaired on the large landing pads in the same way that any other ship can be (this often requires it to be the only ship\vehicle on the pad to work), which can help prevent them dying (mining laser stopping working - generally when you find a good cluster) and is quicker than claiming a new one, too.

One thing I'd love to see implemented is the 1/8th SCU boxes that can be bought from cargo centres being used in the ROC to hold what you mine, so you can simply eject a full box, put an empty one there and continue, rather than having to lift out each piece one-by-one (Or use "voice attack" with a command set up to automate this).
I just sell all at an admin terminal? How come you're manipulating an inventory?

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I just sell all at an admin terminal? How come you're manipulating an inventory?
If there is a 30k, or a client crash and the ROC is stored within a ship, the ROC's inventory is not guaranteed to be saved, while the inventory of the ship carrying it is thanks to recent 30k protections added to the game, so it's a form of insurance against these occurrences.

Also, sometimes you are lucky and find a cluster that is larger than the remaining space within the ROC's inventory: Each ROC mineable is 3 cSCU in inventory space when cracked - the size\weight of the node or the % of the mineral in it that the scanner reports about the rock means nothing at this stage - and the ROC holds 80 cSCU (26 + 2/3 nodes), which can result is having to leave portions of a node or a cluster if you don't clear space for it.

Having the ability to remove the content of the ROC in one step, rather than multiple drag-and-drop's (manual or "voice attack" assisted) would be a nice QOL change.

Jun 20, 2022
RSI Handle
diabolus_ex_machina
If there is a 30k, or a client crash and the ROC is stored within a ship, the ROC's inventory is not guaranteed to be saved, while the inventory of the ship carrying it is thanks to recent 30k protections added to the game, so it's a form of insurance against these occurrences.

Also, sometimes you are lucky and find a cluster that is larger than the remaining space within the ROC's inventory: Each ROC mineable is 3 cSCU in inventory space when cracked - the size\weight of the node or the % of the mineral in it that the scanner reports about the rock means nothing at this stage - and the ROC holds 80 cSCU (26 + 2/3 nodes), which can result is having to leave portions of a node or a cluster if you don't clear space for it.

Having the ability to remove the content of the ROC in one step, rather than multiple drag-and-drop's (manual or "voice attack" assisted) would be a nice QOL change.
I see. How come the ROC is so tiny but holds 80SCU?!

Reactions: Scape
Forgot your password?