Future cargo handling.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
This is outrageous.

I'd just like to let you guys know that my cargo handlers hug each crate like it was their own child and also we wrap each container in a layer of bubble wrap so that there are no scratches on there.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
This is outrageous.

I'd just like to let you guys know that my cargo handlers hug each crate like it was their own child and also we wrap each container in a layer of bubble wrap so that there are no scratches on there.
That seems like it would slow down the process.....the method i provided seems fastest and most efficient.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
That seems like it would slow down the process.....the method i provided seems fastest and most efficient.
Fastest and most efficient way of delivering broken goods to your clients? We do things differently here at Manna Co.
"Your Delivery.....Soon(tm)"

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Most efficient? I think not.
1. Unstrap cargo
2. Open bay doors.
3. Strafe right, full boost.
4. Space brake.

Cargo unloaded.

Someone is bound to come along and science my idea down, to which I answer:
3. Strafe left full boost. No brake needed.

Science!

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Most efficient? I think not.
1. Unstrap cargo
2. Open bay doors.
3. Strafe right, full boost.
4. Space brake.

Cargo unloaded.

Someone is bound to come along and science my idea down, to which I answer:
3. Strafe left full boost. No brake needed.

Science!
Blind Owl Unloading Myth: Confirmed

Story Time:

1st tour in the desert as a young Soldier tasked by the 1SG with getting rid of about a HMMWV load of S@#t the CO had collected over the course of the year we were over there that time around. I was going to do it the hard way, piece by piece... A bored Staff Sergeant showed me the light. We loaded up the truck and faced away from a huge industrial junk pile on the far side of the outpost. He floored it in reverse and jammed the brakes about 15-20 feet from the junk pile. The result was instantaneous and amazingly satisfying.

The only caveat would be that I wouldn't recommend doing this if anything you are 'unloading' is fragile. Also, wear earplugs :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Blind Owl Unloading Myth: Confirmed

Story Time:

1st tour in the desert as a young Soldier tasked by the 1SG with getting rid of about a HMMWV load of S@#t the CO had collected over the course of the year we were over there that time around. I was going to do it the hard way, piece by piece... A bored Staff Sergeant showed me the light. We loaded up the truck and faced away from a huge industrial junk pile on the far side of the outpost. He floored it in reverse and jammed the brakes about 15-20 feet from the junk pile. The result was instantaneous and amazingly satisfying.

The only caveat would be that I wouldn't recommend doing this if anything you are 'unloading' is fragile. Also, wear earplugs :slight_smile:
This is also how we unloaded heavy skid mounted equipment while working the rigs. The bed truck hauling the skid would loosen the winch slack, pin it in reverse and hit the brakes. The skid would slide back on the deck of the truck until the winch ran out of slack. Rinse and repeat until the skid started to tip off the truck.

I'm a firm believer in physics. Not an expert mind you. But as Leonard Nimoy once said, "Physics is a bitch".

Also, Fuck fragile stuff. Ha.

Thanks for the validation Mike.

Forgot your password?