Genesis Starliner Passenger Transport

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Well, if you're gonna cram several hundred passengers into a small space and destroy knees and civility while doing it, the ship might as well look cool.

Reactions: Deroth

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ya, you are dreaming if you think this ship will be in verse before 2022. It will come online when there is full persistence and people will need to be shuttled from place to place without having to use their ships.

As John Crew recently reiterated in the latest IAE Free Fly All Ships Q&A it's not going to be put into the ship pipeline until it has a need.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ya, you are dreaming if you think this ship will be in verse before 2022. It will come online when there is full persistence and people will need to be shuttled from place to place without having to use their ships.

As John Crew recently reiterated in the latest IAE Free Fly All Ships Q&A it's not going to be put into the ship pipeline until it has a need.
The need could be to sell a whole bunch more of them to all the new people that joined Star Citizen over the past 4yrs! :D

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
My favoritest ship evaaaar!
I want one! No, I NEED one!
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme NOW!

Translation to Non-twitchstreamer: I'd like it if they implemented it sooner than later, although I cannot afford one, I'd be happy to pilot one around all day.

Tldr.: what the Glorious Leader said!

Reactions: Bambooza

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
What do Genesis lovers find most appealing about this ship and its role? I'll admit that this is 'the one' ship that I've not been able to get interested in. Sometimes I think i am almost interested, but then it just doesnt stick. For some reason hauling freight in ugly ships feels more interesting than hauling NPCs on the same routes in this fancy ship. Though I do own an 890J for special cruises.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
What do Genesis lovers find most appealing about this ship and its role? I'll admit that this is 'the one' ship that I've not been able to get interested in. Sometimes I think i am almost interested, but then it just doesnt stick. For some reason hauling freight in ugly ships feels more interesting than hauling NPCs on the same routes in this fancy ship. Though I do own an 890J for special cruises.
747 pilot in space.

Not for everybody, just the really special ones.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
After having loads of fun using my 600i as a shuttle bus when all the lifts were broken in new Babbage (and having good customer feedback and several aUEC tips!) - I picked up one of these as I liked the gameplay and meeting new people!

Just call me ButuzTheBus

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
The mini games should be optional, if you participate you can further increase your $ and rep, if you suck at them you can lose $ and rep. They should be an optional feature when implemented.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Well, if you're gonna cram several hundred passengers into a small space and destroy knees and civility while doing it, the ship might as well look cool.
"I'm used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a Starliner"
Yea I see that coming...

Joke aside I don't think is a time for the SL yet: having the style language for Cursader is a good thing for sure, but first is not yet compleated: the MSR is a small ship compared to the SL and some desing will need to be different, so I think we should need at least to whait for the C2 to have some design solution for bigger ships.
Other then this we also lack very important game mechanics like doking (I dont' see the SL being able to land on the current large pad everyware, like the 890j), and also, while E:D can get along with this game play do to the lack of ship interior and any sort of interaction outside the cockpit of the ship, SC can't allow it and will need a working AI and a proper behavior before start ot think on it.
Yes I know that could be just a spawn NPC on the ship, but considering how randomly that solution works for the cargo I can't see it applied to the passanger.

Concerning the mini-games, again the comparing to E:D is out of place, E:D doen't have ship interior, so no need to give them a purpose, SC has to instead.
Yes they could be bothering, BUT I don't expect a pilot to do that, NPC are there (well will be there...) to do this thing, also you could hire some player to attend those necessites: not every one will start with a bigger ship or will be involved in combat mission, some player, especially the newer ones, will need to have some way to a) know the verse and b) rise some easy money. Working as a flight attendant or a tecnician on a SL could be a good way to accomplish both.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik
Forgot your password?