Ghost Ops

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So I'm still thinking about how to use that Liberator on the Vanduul as part of the Sons of Orion storyline. The Lib brings some nice options to the table by supporting at best maybe five smallish ships. What can you do to the Vanduul, pirates, slavers, the Outsiders, etc. with that sort of capability?

I'm curious to hear what people come up with, just bare in mind that you want to severely limit ordinance--try to skip missiles and torps that will be expensive and need to be restocked. Leave that for long range ships like the Vanguard and Polaris.

One thing that interests me is to put a Mantis and a Raven inside the Lib, and three Ravens, regular Sabers or maybe even Scorpius outside. Perhaps it may even be possible to fly a Prowler off the Liberator. Alternatively, you might just blow targets up and fly three Eclipse off the top. Ideally, you could mix and match more than one Lib with a StarG, and a Reclaimer, and have 15-20 turrets for defense if discovered. I'd hesitate to attack a group like that much more than a Krakken, and for extended ops you really want the StarG and Reclaimer in theater, albeit not the same system as the ops.

The Lib has twice the range of a Polaris. It can go out for weeks at a time without refueling, and could refuel 5 small ships, so if you're not keeping what you kill, you might just fly the Lib with a single Raven and Mantis, and three Eclipse on top. I'm pretty sure three Eclipse can kill anything the Mantis might drop from quantum. What I'm not sure about is how well the Raven's EMP works against the larger ships with the reworks in 3.14 and 3.15. It's just nice that it is small enough to fit inside the Lib.

Last edited:
Reactions: GarikDuvall

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Disable small Vanduul ships with a ride-along Mantis and Warlock, then capture them in the Liberator's hangar bay....

Ship.jpg
ship2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadow Reaper
Forgot your password?