Gifting Restrictions?

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
I recently saw a post that cited information that was new to me and I am hoping the community can set me straight.

1. Gifts above $1,000USD: Is there still a limit on the melt value for a ship or pack that can be gifted?

2. Concierge Gifts: If I am not in Concierge am I able to receive as a gift a pack that is sold at the Concierge level from CIG?

3. Subsriber Item Gifts: If I do not subscribe can I get a subscriber item from a subscriber?

Thanks, Cromwell

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
1. Yes the limit is 1000$, so for exemple if you buy a pack that is worth 500$ and upgrade it beyond 1000$ it is not giftable anymore. The limit for standalone ships (or CCUed) is also 1000$ melt value (1000$ included, the reason the Idris-M is giftable). Even if people see gift buttons on their Idris-P or Kraken, those are not giftable (without concierge support).

2. Yes you can get it.

3. Yes you can get it.

Last edited:

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
1. Yes the limit is 1000$, so for exemple if you buy a pack that is worth 500$ and upgrade it beyond 1000$ it is not giftable anymore. The limit for standalone ships (or CCUed) is also 1000$ melt value (1000$ included, the reason the Idris-M is giftable). Even if people see gift buttons on their Idris-P or Kraken, those are not giftable (without concierge support).

2. Yes you can get it.

3. Yes you can get it.
Thanks Vahadar.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
the last 3 words between the brackets completed it. Above $1000 you must request CIG support

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
the last 3 words between the brackets completed it. Above $1000 you must request CIG support
And that's iffy at the best of times. Support has gotten very close-fisted recently, even the "better tier support" of Concierge/Chairmans Club/Dumbasses like me.

Last year or two ago, I tried to see if I could get a Pirate Caterpillar CCU (it's a separate variant, because reasons) in my multi-ship pack (Scoundrel pack, comes with a Cat). It has LTI and the Pirate Caterpillar is only offered with 6 month insurance, even barring the whole "it's part of a multi-ship package" dilema. So I sent off a polite inquiry wondering if I could get a one-time CC"U" to get a neat skin that otherwise wouldn't be attainable or if they could just swap the ships in the package for me, either way. Have no other tickets sent in aside from a card error that was quickly resolved.

Got a canned Ctrl + C Ctrl + V response about how they do not modify pledges without a valid reason and closed the ticket, issue resolved!

Reactions: Cromwell

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
And that's iffy at the best of times. Support has gotten very close-fisted recently, even the "better tier support" of Concierge/Chairmans Club/Dumbasses like me.

Last year or two ago, I tried to see if I could get a Pirate Caterpillar CCU (it's a separate variant, because reasons) in my multi-ship pack (Scoundrel pack, comes with a Cat). It has LTI and the Pirate Caterpillar is only offered with 6 month insurance, even barring the whole "it's part of a multi-ship package" dilema. So I sent off a polite inquiry wondering if I could get a one-time CC"U" to get a neat skin that otherwise wouldn't be attainable or if they could just swap the ships in the package for me, either way. Have no other tickets sent in aside from a card error that was quickly resolved.

Got a canned Ctrl + C Ctrl + V response about how they do not modify pledges without a valid reason and closed the ticket, issue resolved!
Sorry about that. They can offer the Pirate Cat as an upgrade option.

Redwolfe

Space Marshal
Aug 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Redwolfe80ne
I recently saw a post that cited information that was new to me and I am hoping the community can set me straight.

1. Gifts above $1,000USD: Is there still a limit on the melt value for a ship or pack that can be gifted?

2. Concierge Gifts: If I am not in Concierge am I able to receive as a gift a pack that is sold at the Concierge level from CIG?

3. Subsriber Item Gifts: If I do not subscribe can I get a subscriber item from a subscriber?

Thanks, Cromwell
Yes Concierge packs are giftable to whoever & subscriber flair is also giftable. If subscriber flair is gifted as soon as it is handed out the subscriber will receive a second item or items.

Reactions: vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
If subscriber flair is gifted as soon as it is handed out the subscriber will receive a second item or items.
That still works? Interesting.
On a side note about subscriber bugs and items, if you buy one sub item before you receive the same sub item thanks to your sub, you will not get the one from your sub and need to ask for support help.

Forgot your password?