Golden rule: do NOT melt your Star Citizen game package!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey all, in this vid here https://www.testsquadron.com/threads/star-citizen-explained-in-3-minutes.10472/ I put a thesis into, which says "golden rule: do NOT melt your Star Citizen game package".

Following to that I was asked what I would mean by that - several times. Hence I made another "explained in 3 minutes"-vid to explain what I mean by saying "do NOT melt your Star Citizen game package".

Doing that and producing the vid, I tried to follow the critics of @Printimus as well as suggestion of @Mindfart who told me that my voice in the first vid would sound a little bit odd. That is, because as a non-native speaker I several times had to stop the recording, search and choose my next words for then continuing the recording.

Now, as Mindfart told me, I wrote a script. Nevertheless, I had to do half a dozen of recording sessions because when reading and talking, you inevitably start to "run" with your voice. But during the final try I almost had all the text in my mind, and that then went pretty good so far - I would say. Well, it doesn't matter what I say...:flushed: So, whats your opinion? Better? Worse? And, oh, could you follow my explanation?
Cheers!
Sam
P.S.: this vid I will not upload to the community hub. Imo CIG will more dislike this one, haha :D

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Hey all, in this vid here https://www.testsquadron.com/threads/star-citizen-explained-in-3-minutes.10472/ I put a thesis into, which says "golden rule: do NOT melt your Star Citizen game package".

Following to that I was asked what I would mean by that - several times. Hence I made another "explained in 3 minutes"-vid to explain what I mean by saying "do NOT melt your Star Citizen game package".

Doing that and producing the vid, I tried to follow the critics of @Printimus as well as suggestion of @Mindfart who told me that my voice in the first vid would sound a little bit odd. That is, because as a non-native speaker I several times had to stop the recording, search and choose my next words for then continuing the recording.

Now, as Mindfart told me, I wrote a script. Nevertheless, I had to do half a dozen of recording sessions because when reading and talking, you inevitably start to "run" with your voice. But during the final try I almost had all the text in my mind, and that then went pretty good so far - I would say. Well, it doesn't matter what I say...:flushed: So, whats your opinion? Better? Worse? And, oh, could you follow my explanation?
Cheers!
Sam
P.S.: this vid I will not upload to the community hub. Imo CIG will more dislike this one, haha :smile:

YAY not as awkward to listen to anymore!

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
Good tips! I did this when I first bought into game, before I started chasing LTI tokens and getting bigger and bigger boats. Luckily, I got a game package with both 42 and SC before they stopped making those available. Now I have a starter ship which I expect only to use for picking up groceries in outer space, while having LTI on my fancier ships.

I doubt CIG would dislike the video. It's not like you've found some way to cheat them out of pledges, just making the system more clear to us impulse shoppers.
:money_mouth:

Quick tutorials could be a lot of help to new players. Might I suggest one on REC and Electronic Access, and why you should not spend real cash on ship weapons because their stats keep changing. Maybe even a how-to video on using ship customization menu in AC and how it works for Crusader too. These questions I see a lot in the chat window at Olisar from the new players.
Keep it up, Sam!
:thumbsup:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Cheers!
Sam
P.S.: this vid I will not upload to the community hub. Imo CIG will more dislike this one, haha :smile:

Great work Sam! This is very well done. Your voice sounds amazing too: like David Attenborough narrating Life.

Huzzah good Sir. Huzzah.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
... I thought this was common sense... I do it all the time :D

I have my packages and my untouchable ships and then I have about $300 to play around with, 'rent' ships, buy concept ships for my buybacks, and so on. I just buy, melt, buy, melt, and test everything. :P

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
haha I love the background music.
Santana! :musical_score::sunglasses::thumbsup:

Good tips! I did this when I first bought into game, before I started chasing LTI tokens and getting bigger and bigger boats. Luckily, I got a game package with both 42 and SC before they stopped making those available. Now I have a starter ship which I expect only to use for picking up groceries in outer space, while having LTI on my fancier ships.

I doubt CIG would dislike the video. It's not like you've found some way to cheat them out of pledges, just making the system more clear to us impulse shoppers.
:money_mouth:
I'm unsure. I've recently read a post wherein was told that CIG is kind of "unhappy" about the inflationary usage of this melt/unmelt-system, especially since end of last year.

Quick tutorials could be a lot of help to new players. Might I suggest one on REC and Electronic Access, and why you should not spend real cash on ship weapons because their stats keep changing. Maybe even a how-to video on using ship customization menu in AC and how it works for Crusader too. These questions I see a lot in the chat window at Olisar from the new players.
Keep it up, Sam!
:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot! I will think about another vid regarding "REC" and "EA"; there also is the wish to have a short 3-minute-explanation about insurance and LTI. But since I've done four vids the last week - two, and each in German and English language - I'll have a break. But there are already ideas in my head, haha :D

I'm a TESTie I already melted two :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ha ha ha.....
So did I! Thats the reason why this idea arose to tell all the new incoming members to NOT upgrade their game packages but instead use the melt/unmelt system.

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Meh, got 50% downvotes on YT. Something must be wrong with it. Perhaps people can't stand vids with only handmade drawings, without any glitter and special effects...?

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Meh, got 50% downvotes on YT. Something must be wrong with it. Perhaps people can't stand vids with only handmade drawings, without any glitter and special effects...?
This one was great, you have a great story telling voice I think.
If you'd like some more advice, the background music was a bit too loud I think and sometimes overpowered your voice. And in the beginning you were going at a pretty fast pace, maybe making it a little hard for some people to follow.

But other than that, great video man! Keep it up =)

Forgot your password?