Great info on 890J

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
A nice post indeed, it's just an awesome ship, all that shielding, armour and the highest quality components on any ship, its probably better than even a javelin.

Makes me wish I got a 600i now when they were on sale but I'd lose half my fleet if I were to get one.

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
I have one on buy back, but Im really hesitant.

It seems like an end-game ship, something that would be nice to work towards.

Start off the game with the best ships simply takes away part of the fun!
I will enjoy taking it out, and simply being on it, even if in the hangar. my big ambitions in the game are with my Endeavor <3

but the 890 is going to be a lot of fun when I need a 'weekend' in game :)

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy

I rewrote my post a few times before posting and I said that exact same thing, it's an endgame ship, a way to show you have seen and done it all and got rich doing it.

This is my end game target as well. Live in this thing and cruise around enjoying the sights, and crashing into many of them. I hope it's a genuine end game ship, not a "oh look I can buy this in 3 weeks of trading" ship.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I suspect when we find and get the BENGAL operational, they'll put up a big counter saying "The games done, thanks everyone for showing up, the servers will shut down in T-XXX".
and that's how long we'll have to find a sun to crash the Bengal into. Huge operation. Get it fueled up and flight ready, get every TESTes onboard...

cmink

Vice Admiral
Dec 11, 2017
RSI Handle
cmink
I'm all for compiling the archives for easy to use reference. This one feels like a start of something saccharin. What could go wrong - documenting every written/spoken word about the most entitled set of jpegs in human history?

The real fun will start when any spec or tentative design/game plan changes and the OP goes off on how CIG promised and are not delivering. (The Horror. The Horror.)

This is SC's true genius mini-game. You get to play as Aggrieved Backer or staunch defendant of Open Game Development. Multiple packages allow for playing both roles against yourself, in Chat, preferably, for the full schizophrenic experience.

Full Disclosure: I can't wait until I have one (purchased prior to game launch because I'll need to grind to support it sitting in my hangar).

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
Agreed - things are always up for change, and absolutely will in this game (and any other).

I think the OP's intent in creating that thread was to give people reference to statements, more or less to say "I didn't make this shit up, So and so at CIG said it on XXX". I applaud his efforts, and wish every ship not yet released had such a thread to follow, to eliminate some of the time I have wasted trying to find sources for statements :)

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist

That's definitely one way to look at it.

On the other hand, I have 6. I couldn't bare the thought of one not being immediately available after ramming into whatever station I was trying to dock at. Insurance won't be immediate, you know.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given recent developments with 3.1, there's no telling how expensive or how long it will take to get a ship like the 890J back from an insurance claim. This being said, if when it is placed on a pad / in a hanger for deployment the ship is damaged by some glitch (like it happens occasionally now), that should not cost a player anything in my opinion.

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
Given recent developments with 3.1, there's no telling how expensive or how long it will take to get a ship like the 890J back from an insurance claim. This being said, if when it is placed on a pad / in a hanger for deployment the ship is damaged by some glitch (like it happens occasionally now), that should not cost a player anything in my opinion.
agreed. I suspect they will work on a mechanism for when it's their mistake. IMO they get much more right than wrong.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Jefferson didn't say that! I'm pretty sure it was Madison Monroe ;)
Nah, yer both wrong. I read, somewhere, that it actually was Ben Washington.
On the other hand, I have 6. I couldn't bare the thought of one not being immediately available after ramming into whatever station I was trying to dock at. Insurance won't be immediate, you know.
Nothing says F.U. like ramming an 890 into anything and just shrugging it off and grabbing the keys to the next one. I have one, but if I get the chance I will get a backup so ai don't have to wait for insurance to pay up.

Forgot your password?