Greating from Haggis Land

I'm interested has anyone here ever tried haggis

• Total voters

Dakuisha

Vice Admiral
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dakuisha
Hello my favorite drinking buddies to be!
My name is Dakuisha (Daku = Dark, Isha = Medic) not only is that name impossible to pronounce it also lets my weeaboo side show a little too much :P . Feel free to call me Daku or use my real name Euan. Although if you want a laugh feel free to try to pronounce my name just remember there is no real way to say it.

As for my roots has anybody here ever seen a real haggis? Well me neither but I still head out hunting for those wee critters with two short legs and two long legs doomed to forever run around a hill somewhere never being able to turn around for fear of tumbling down. Oh and the stories are true a real Scots never wears anything under his kilt. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been following the development of Star Citizen for about a year now. It first piked my interest when I heard about a $18000 (vat inc). Now I will say that I wasn't very open minded when I first looked but I grew to the project over time. I got drawn in by the scale of what they wanted to achieve and even though flying around my aurora was a little slow to begin with it was the first real space game I had ever played to simulate the true nature of flying through space.

I am particularly hyped for exploration and cargo running. I don't particularly think I will head out looking for a fight against NPC's or other Players but I hope to be more than capable of defending my self as I travel from place to place.

The very first game I played was Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey (1997) - lets hear a whoop whoop for that masterpiece. As for other games I have dabbled in a bit of Word of Warcraft and more recently started playing Skyrim and Fallout.

Recently I have started to watch Star Trek (yeah I know I'm about 20-30 years late). No lies the first I ever saw of star trek was the new movies ***tear*** it was an OK movie but it has nothing on real trek.Captain Picard was my first REAL captain and have since finished all of the Next Generation & Finished Voyager. Now I just need to decide on if to watch Enterprise or DS9 next.

I first heard about Test Squadron when I was looking into a fellow citizen that created something (they made it into the top 5 once). Since then I kept hearing about you and decided to look into what all the fuss was about. :P

*** EDIT 15:59 14/08/2017 ***
I'm glad I put that poll in this post I am finding its results to be quite fascinating.
For those who don't know haggis is a traditional Scottish dish often served with neeps and tatties (potatoes). Traditionally it is made by stuffing a sheep's stomach with: pluck (sheep: heart, liver and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet and spices.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Welcome to TEST SQUADRON! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers:

I say go for Enterprise save DS9 for last for DS9 is slow.. interesting yeah but different.. :smile:

Last edited:

Dakuisha

Vice Admiral
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dakuisha
Welcome!

...and I'll try a vegetarian haggis sometime, but that's about as far as I'll go!

Edit: My dog just wanted me to let you know he'd like a haggis airmailed out to him. He wants to try the real thing!
I'm glad your dog is interested in trying the real thing. :P
As someone who has eaten vegetarian haggis it's flavor is quite different to meat haggis but can be rather nice. As for the side they both pair well with neeps and tatties (potatoes) and although not very traditional some people serve it with gravy as it can be a little dry.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?