Greetings from Eamon_Flannigan

Eamon_Flannigan

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Eamon_Flannigan
Ladies & Gentlemen (& Vanduul & Pirates & Villians) of TEST,

Greetings,

This all started when I was shown a TEST propaganda video by Daethwing188.

I had been aware of Star Citizen, but not convinced that it would deliver anywhere near what had been rumored. I had also just been burned by the initial elation and subsequent 8 hours of fun followed by bored withdrawal that came with No Man's Sky, and I didn't feel confident that other modern space sims wouldn't try to do the same to me.
After flying around in alpha 2.5 for a couple hours I can see that this is not the case. I keep attempting to find comparable lore to that which is present at the very edge of my conscience while flying through the asteroids of Yela, or sneaking through Kareah's corridors but I keep falling short. This game is already delivering a more immersive experience than I could have hoped for, definitely more than I expected. I believe that much of that immersion comes from community involvement in game, so basically thanks to people like you.

Now on to the questionnaire!

Where you from stranger?
California, the land of the disgruntled yuppies.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
The massive scale and the similarity to the Escape Velocity series by AmbrosiaSW (back when I used a Mac.. please don't flog me..)

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Exploration, conquest, wars with lesser orginizations over territory/resources, and mining especially mining.

What was the first game you remember playing?
The first digital game I remember playing was "Logical Journey of the Zoombinis".

What other games do you play?
Kerbal Space Program, GTA 5, anything by Bethesda.

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
Daethwing188 showed me a TEST propaganda video which got me hooked on the game in the first place.

Picard or Kirk?
Patrick Stewart. He represents the only cool Frenchman to ever exist in media, also Patrick Stewart happens to be a more believable character, oh I meant Picard.

I've been playing for roughly the last 2 months, working up my chops to feel worthy to join TEST. Then the anniversary sale happened.. several thousand dollars later here I am, among you fine people, desperately hoping for hundreds of crew-mates to make my Star Citizen dreams a reality. I can't wait to crush a few beers with members of TEST in my community (if there are any in the northern SF Bay Area) or to crew some massive fleets and vanquish our foes with a swarm of TEST guided Aurora missiles, or to debate the reasoning behind the "jump point" wormholes, and how the quantum drive appears to be capable of faster than light travel (game mechanics efficacy aside of course, we need a lore based reason!).

Thank you for being TEST.
Thank you for letting me be TEST.

Cheers,

Eamon_Flannigan

Last edited:

Eamon_Flannigan

Captain
Nov 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Eamon_Flannigan
I don't recall today being asked so many questions for my intro. TODAY. Oh, but I can't read anyway. You do know that you'll have to submit to blood, feces, urine and sperm tests to see if you qualify for TEST don't you? Be at my office at 9am sharp, or you can leave your underwear after a few days on your body to collect those fluids...and then you can just mail those stinky draws in to TEST. Your choice. Check out what I sent in.
Dirty underwear can be sent without packaging correct? I just need to put the address and a stamp.. maybe I'll fold it and tape it into a ball to lock in the flavor...

Aramil

Admiral
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Aramil_Lorrathain
Welcome to TEST!

Grab at least one beer, Flight status:

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
1. Welcome aboard!
2. Only Cali weirdos say "dope".
3. It takes one to know one. (im also from cali but live in FL)
4. Whats your brew of choice?
on point 2. weirdos in New York also use the word, "dope." (ex. "Dope on a rope" "The Pope of dope" or simply "That's dope")

@daethwing188 is mighty. Don't tell him I said that though, it'll swell his nogging. Haha
Welcome!
(>v<)7
Something's swelling, but it ain't my noggin' :sunglasses:

Also, @Blind Owl diggin' the new avatar icon.

Forgot your password?