napoleon85

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Napoleon85
Where you from stranger?
Southwest Ohio, USA.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I love space sims, and growing up the Wing Commander series was my favorite. Once I heard about the game and learned that Chris Roberts was involved, I was sold. From there it's only gotten better. I've played every Wing Commander and Descent game, so after those franchises died off and X left me unsatisfied, I have been waiting for a game like this to come out.

I'm probably going to play Elite: Dangerous while waiting on the TBD release of Star Citizen, since even "2015" seems optimistic at this point. I'm also planning on picking up a HOTAS setup, most likely a Saitek X-55 or the SC branded HOTAS if it come to fruition.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Exploration, PVP, combat in general.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Pong, on my dad's old Atari.

What other games do you play?
Really just about anything. The only genres of games that I don't enjoy are fighting games (button mashing is dumb) and sports games (if I want to play sports I'll go outside). That said, my favorite genres are RPG, Sims (space/racing), and Shooters. Here's a short list of what I have played recently:

• Eve Online (in a large low/null-sec PvP corp/alliance)
  • Star Conflict
  • Battlestar Galactica Online
  • Battlefield 4
  • Arma III
  • GRID 2
  • Next Car Game
  • Sins of a Solar Empire
  • Skyrim
  • Neverwinter
  • Warframe

Picard or Kirk?

Tough, but Picard.

I'm currently in the Redd Faction org in the RSI portal, so I'm not sure how to transition over. I want to make sure that I'm "accepted" before I leave that one and end up org-less.

Anything else you want to know - just ask.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
Hey napoleon85.

You are most defiantly accepted in test. if we can beat Redd Faction in member count then that would be the awesomest thing. +1 to us -1 to them.
we have a meet up this Saturday for our weekly SSS information here: Forum Link or Reddit Link

napoleon85

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Napoleon85
Hey napoleon85.

You are most defiantly accepted in test. if we can beat Redd Faction in member count then that would be the awesomest thing. +1 to us -1 to them.
we have a meet up this Saturday for our weekly SSS information here: Forum Link or Reddit Link
Cool, I might be able to stop by for a little bit. I don't have Hawken, but I can get it setup. Unfortunately, I can't stay for long since I have a going away party for a friend who is fleeing this God-forsaken state to pursue employment opportunities elsewhere.

As far as the org goes, do I just leave ReddFaction and apply to TEST Squadron? Will I be accepted somewhat automatically?

CipherUltima

Rear Admiral
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
CipherUltima
Welcome to TEST! Transitioning over should be easy, if that's what you want to do. As far as I know there aren't any requirements.

Also, it's good to find another Sins player here! (Vasari supremacy)

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
I'm currently in the Redd Faction org in the RSI portal, so I'm not sure how to transition over. I want to make sure that I'm "accepted" before I leave that one and end up org-less.

Anything else you want to know - just ask.
Hello there napoleon and welcome to TEST!

You can drop out of a organization at any time and enroll into another. The bonus will be once you can be in multiple organizations then we all can be in both.

Just provide your name here on the forums in your application if it isn't the same as your RSI handle, or mention or link this post so that way whoever sees your application will know who's who. Then join the chat, grab a beer, and relax. :D

Reactions: napoleon85

napoleon85

Lieutenant
Jan 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Napoleon85
Hello there napoleon and welcome to TEST!
Thanks!

You can drop out of a organization at any time and enroll into another. The bonus will be once you can be in multiple organizations then we all can be in both.
I was under the impression this is how it was supposed to be, but it wouldn't let me apply to TEST while being in Redd Faction. For the life of me, I can't imagine why they would even roll it out with such major changes to come.

Not to get too far off-track on a negative tangent, but I am getting a bit concerned about development. Between the unimpressive "launch" of Organizations and the delayed with no ETA or status Dogfighting Module, I just don't know what's going on over there. Maybe it's just me, or maybe they built up the hype way too early and left all this anticipation with nothing to deliver on it for a very long time. I just hope we see *something* good in the near future before people lose interest and start dropping off. Don't get me wrong, I'm here for the long haul, but most people have much shorter attention spans.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Welcome, napoleon85!

Not to get too far off-track on a negative tangent, but I am getting a bit concerned about development. Between the unimpressive "launch" of Organizations and the delayed with no ETA or status Dogfighting Module, I just don't know what's going on over there.
For what it's worth, I'm not seeing the launch of Organizations as unimpressive. They've given everyone plenty of utility in setting up the Org pages, chat is cool, and it's been a seamless process.

Joining multiple organizations may be turned off right now while they make decisions about how many orgs people can ultimately sign up for, etc.

Dogfighting didn't bother me at all, either.

I'm not a giddy fanboy. IMO, it's pre- pre- alpha still. The stuff we've gotten is cool, IMO, and I wouldn't expect anything at this stage of the game.

To anyone reading this, I feel compelled to clarify that this isn't a TEST position. I'm unaware of any competitiveness between our playerbase and Redd Faction. I've personally complained about Redd Faction's constitution, but I'm a member of both organizations myself. I've been the most vocal person about Redd Faction on these boards prior to this comment from Munken.

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
To anyone reading this, I feel compelled to clarify that this isn't a TEST position. I'm unaware of any competitiveness between our playerbase and Redd Faction. I've personally complained about Redd Faction's constitution, but I'm a member of both organizations myself. I've been the most vocal person about Redd Faction on these boards prior to this comment from Munken.
Uprising!

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
So ... we have serious conversations now in this forum. that's a new one :D

But yeah, i think you are right, the anticipation of this game is too damn high. You can't deliver a good game with everyone's huge expectations right now.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Well what we know for almost certain is that they aren't going to have the firey whips and chains of EA to hurry out a buggy POS as a final release. I would hope based on Chris Robert's standards that it'll be released later than expected, and probably short of the dreams we drool over everyday, but it will be polished and fun.

Azurith

Captain
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Azurith
I expect we will enjoyed large chunks of the game pre full release anyway. Descent was a fun freaking game!
Another Sins of a Solar Empire player. We should get a Test Sins day going!

Forgot your password?