Halo Infinite game play demo

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I do like what I see, I love HALO (even though the first one I played was ODST lol), but for the memories mostly. I recently tried playing Reach on the PC and my god it was trash. Was great fun the 360 back in the day...
It looks aged and a bit clunky, weapons still lacking punch, enemies just standing around, graphics are kinda bordering mediocre and everything is too clean. It has the Halo aesthetics alright, but I was expecting a bit, I dunno, more lived-in look by now, with more dynamism to everything. Guess I'm just spoilt by Doom really.
Sounds and music are top notch as usual!

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I watched the live stream of the presentation & while waiting for it I was telling my GF that if they don't show something of HALO after showing Master Chief on the wait screen, I'll be posting "Bait & switch!" in the comments. Then as it started ... Oh yeah, that brought back the memories of the sorts of FPS gaming that I enjoyed for so many years. I'm hoping that the devs at CIG can see how keeping some things simple that are done right can make a world a difference in how a game is played. While I was watching this portion, I was mentally swapping out MC with our chars in SC. I definitely added this game to my Steam wishlist right after the presentation along with a few others.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
They said that Halo Infinite is now the platform they will build on.

There is no Halo Infinite 2, they will just keep adding to this game much like we see on Fortnite and Destiny 2.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I actually enjoyed what I saw as it is a nice fresh take on Halo, will be weird playing it as it seemed really similar to Gears 5 in gameplay. It will be interesting to see 343i with their first full fledged Halo FPS game (MCC is basically ports of the originals) after taking the reins over from Bungie many years ago.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Man, why is it I am just not impressed by this footage, I watched this live while it was happening and ya the grappling hook was cool but overall it just looked like the same game over again, sure the graphics were a little better, little smoother but you could literally have redone the last 5 Halo demo's with current graphics and had the same results lmao. I found the video a bit boring to be honest and yes I am an original Halo fan, I loved 1 and 2 but after that it was just kind of meh for me. And the whole over acting by the pilot lol.

I have been an Xbox nut from day 1, never bought Sony until the PS4 because they have better exclusives and Microsoft cancelled a bunch of theirs before they even got out of the gate, I have serious concerns with Microsoft's ability to stay true to their exclusives anymore and because I already have a PC and can play those games on PC for the most part this will be my first time ever going PS5 over Xbox. I still have my Xbox One Day 1 edition and it runs great btw.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I stopped playing after Halo 3, but I heard that since then MC lost his sexy little lady Cortana. So I'm honestly hoping that in this version he either finds a way to restore her or he gains another that is even more delicious, although IDK how.

Reactions: Phil

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I stopped playing after Halo 3, but I heard that since then MC lost his sexy little lady Cortana. So I'm honestly hoping that in this version he either finds a way to restore her or he gains another that is even more delicious, although IDK how.
do play 4 when you have a chance.
I stopped at that, never played 5 and don't intend to really as I think you don't even play as the Chief.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?