Harbinger vs Andromida: Your Thoughts?

Which ship would you choose?

• Total voters

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
No, not a n a fight; but in general. I'm toying with the idea of melting my Vanguard for the Andromida. My current hangar is:
Saber vomit-comet
F7 Super-horney
Vanguard Hair-banger
Freelancer dur-duh-dur
Dragon-Supa'fly
And a 350r

I'm done spending money, and I am fighter heavy, so... what are your thoughts?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Depends on what is your gameplay intention/goal lateron. Harbinger is the dropship version afaik? So you wanna play like that? Hold the Harbinger. You are lack of a cargo vessel for sure. You want to have the flexibility of doing some trading/cargo missions? You should go for the Andromeda.
Alternative would be to melt one of your fighters and upgrade the 350R to an Andromeda, putting minor fresh money for the remaining price difference into it. By doing this, you are only loosing the racing gameplay.
So which one should it be...?

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Why do you want the Andromeda?

Multi-crew experience? Cargo? Missiles? S4 guns?

The Freelancer holds almost as much cargo as the Andromeda and has a turret for multi-crew. :/

Everything the Andromeda can do, your other ships can do better. If anything, I'd trade in the Harbinger for a Caterpillar. It's like $10 more.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Here is how I go about my hangar.

have no more than 1 ship for each job I intend to do.

Right now you have:
2 combat fighters
1 Bomber
1 exploration
1 Racing
1 utility vehicle

so is your intention to do pvp/pve combat bomb larger ships explore and race? If so but you also want a multi-role utility ship with more cargo space and larger multi-crew capabilities then your best bet is to get rid of one of the combat ships and dare I say it "Spend more money!!" to get the connie.

if you don't intend to do bombing or racing or exploration then you can easily upgrade those ships and get rid of one of your fighters to not pay any more money but then you would have money left over.

I would say figure out what you intend to do in the game and have ships for those roles.

Why do you want the Andromeda?

Multi-crew experience? Cargo? Missiles? S4 guns?

The Freelancer holds almost as much cargo as the Andromeda and has a turret for multi-crew. :/

Everything the Andromeda can do, your other ships can do better. If anything, I'd trade in the Harbinger for a Caterpillar. It's like $10 more.
last I logged in the freelancer can almost fit in the cargo bay of the andromeda... lol take off its wings and clip a few feet off the back end and in it will slide.(thats what she said!!) Even going by the stats on the ship specs page (prob in the outdated cargo units but all the same) the dur can hold 52 and the andromeda can hold 134. more than twice as much. In my book at least thats not almost the same.

edit: The main thing is your asking us to compare 2 ships in 2 different roles against each other not knowing what your intentions are in the game.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Here is how I go about my hangar.

have no more than 1 ship for each job I intend to do.

Right now you have:
2 combat fighters
1 Bomber
1 exploration
1 Racing
1 utility vehicle

so is your intention to do pvp/pve combat bomb larger ships explore and race? If so but you also want a multi-role utility ship with more cargo space and larger multi-crew capabilities then your best bet is to get rid of one of the combat ships and dare I say it "Spend more money!!" to get the connie.

if you don't intend to do bombing or racing or exploration then you can easily upgrade those ships and get rid of one of your fighters to not pay any more money but then you would have money left over.

I would say figure out what you intend to do in the game and have ships for those roles.

last I logged in the freelancer can almost fit in the cargo bay of the andromeda... lol take off its wings and clip a few feet off the back end and in it will slide.(thats what she said!!) Even going by the stats on the ship specs page (prob in the outdated cargo units but all the same) the dur can hold 52 and the andromeda can hold 134. more than twice as much. In my book at least thats not almost the same.
Had Swash from the official forums measure the cargo bays of both and just ignored the stats page. Freelancer has 66 SCU and the Andromeda has 68 SCU. :/ The cargo bay isn't that big. The Taurus has a longer one but it's still not that big.

Caterpillar has 380 ish and Starfarer has 600 ish.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
here is my hangar as an example.

My main focus will be on Exploration. my secondary focus is on pvp from small all the way up to capital. I don't have money for a idris or anything like that... i wish i did but dam those are expensive.

1 Terrapin for solo and with 1 friend exploration
1 Hurricane for pvp and pve combat with a friend
1 Carrack for getting all my friends together to go exploring (none of them have a ship this big so i'm providing it for my group and it is the flagship of my fleet)
1 Prospector to make money when i'm not exploring or out pvping.

i have a ship to make money to support my other habits in game and a ship to fill the role of each gameplay type i'm after. The only changes my hangar has had is changing one ship out for another of the same type I like better. like changing from super hornet to hurricane.

Had Swash from the official forums measure the cargo bays of both and just ignored the stats page. Freelancer has 66 SCU and the Andromeda has 68 SCU. :/ The cargo bay isn't that big. The Taurus has a longer one but it's still not that big.

Caterpillar has 380 ish and Starfarer has 600 ish.
Next time I log in ill have to sit the 2 ships next to each other and take a screen of it then. The 2 cargo bays don't seem anywhere near that close in size to me and at slight more than half the size of the andromeda it doesn't make any sense that they both would have the same size cargo bay.

Stevetank

Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
here is my hangar as an example.

My main focus will be on Exploration. my secondary focus is on pvp from small all the way up to capital. I don't have money for a idris or anything like that... i wish i did but dam those are expensive.

1 Terrapin for solo and with 1 friend exploration
1 Hurricane for pvp and pve combat with a friend
1 Carrack for getting all my friends together to go exploring (none of them have a ship this big so i'm providing it for my group and it is the flagship of my fleet)
1 Prospector to make money when i'm not exploring or out pvping.

i have a ship to make money to support my other habits in game and a ship to fill the role of each gameplay type i'm after. The only changes my hangar has had is changing one ship out for another of the same type I like better. like changing from super hornet to hurricane.

Next time I log in ill have to sit the 2 ships next to each other and take a screen of it then. The 2 cargo bays don't seem anywhere near that close in size to me and at slight more than half the size of the andromeda it doesn't make any sense that they both would have the same size cargo bay.

Forgot your password?