Awsome

Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I don't and won't have a device capable of running apps so this is all just the tiniest bit redundant to me. For those who have it, enjoy. For those that don't, pray second-screen experiences like this don't become part of the core gameplay.

Go mobi or go home...? Yeah, for not having apps my phone has a battery life of 21 days and charges in an hour. That shuts most confrontations down pretty fast.

RICKOVER

Lieutenant
Nov 15, 2017
RSI Handle
RICKOVER
I'd love to explore the moons of Star Citizen fm my couch in the evenings, but I only have a flip-phone with no desire to pay hundreds of dollars for a smart phone or to sign some contract. Employer pays for this phone, so it's a zero cost tool for me. I like it that way. WHY NOT just create an app that we can download onto our PC or laptop? Is programming for a PC really so much more difficult than for iPhone ?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'd love to explore the moons of Star Citizen fm my couch in the evenings, but I only have a flip-phone with no desire to pay hundreds of dollars for a smart phone or to sign some contract. Employer pays for this phone, so it's a zero cost tool for me. I like it that way. WHY NOT just create an app that we can download onto our PC or laptop? Is programming for a PC really so much more difficult than for iPhone ?
I'm the same, my phone cost £10 and I pay £10 every three months on its bill.

I understand some people will looooove second-screen elements to the game that they can play at the office away from their PC and as long as it doesn't give them any major advantage i'm delighted they are happy.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Any app that exists for android, you can use on a PC (Pretty much all the software, apps and games are made and tested on PCs. Nobody codes on a phone or an xbox). Look for an android emulator. There probably is an iPhone emulator as well, although I haven't used one.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Any app that exists for android, you can use on a PC (Pretty much all the software, apps and games are made and tested on PCs. Nobody codes on a phone or an xbox). Look for an android emulator. There probably is an iPhone emulator as well, although I haven't used one.
This is quite true. Also, I have never trusted crApple. So I can't confirm if the same for those apps work like those of an Android on a PC.

Reactions: FZD
Forgot your password?