Sylamun

Captain
Nov 25, 2013
RSI Handle
Sylamun
Where you from stranger?
From this strange bit of water called the Netherlands

What drew you to Star Citizen?
What can I say? It looks awesome. And it's been a while since anybody made a decent space game.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Working together with teams to accomplish a goal, doesn't really matter what. As long as it isn't boring grinding :)

What was the first game you remember playing?
Prince of Persia (the DOS one, not the newfangled boring one)

What other games do you play?
At the moment? League of Legends, Minecraft, Company of Heroes

Picard or Kirk?
I love solving intergalactic political problems with a single fist fight.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
I'm not a lady! I'm just fluffy.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
Speaking of which, I attempted to connect to it with a 0.5mbps connection, lagged out, died, ran back, couldn't pick my stuff up due to lag, saw my stuff disappear in from of my eyes. I rage quit. :(

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Speaking of which, I attempted to connect to it with a 0.5mbps connection, lagged out, died, ran back, couldn't pick my stuff up due to lag, saw my stuff disappear in from of my eyes. I rage quit. :(
Sounds a lot like my experience with EVE oddly enough.

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
when you get a submarine...

And try to move it through cake...

Because cake is difficult to swim through...

Bad joke is bad. I'll show myself out :(

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Well EVE is Spreadsheets in Space donno where you got the lag from O_____O

trolololo
Its hard trying to run all those calculations on my Commodore 64.

Probably confused lag with tidi
I actually never had the chance to see tidi in use. I'm from the old school days.

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!

Disclaimer Time: I actually started space around 06-07 and quit about 3-4 years later, so this video doesn't really apply, but its still hilarious

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Disclaimer Time: I actually started space around 06-07 and quit about 3-4 years later, so this video doesn't really apply, but its still hilarious
Oh hell no it still applies. LOCKDOWN~~red in local!!! *screams and flops about like a headless chicken*

Sylamun

Captain
Nov 25, 2013
RSI Handle
Sylamun
I've never played EVE online... WoW was already too much of a timesink for me, lol. References are lost on me :(

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
I've never played EVE online... WoW was already too much of a timesink for me, lol. References are lost on me :(
The funny thing about EVE is that it can be a lot less of a time sink than you'd think. In a game like WoW the only way to increase a skill level is to go grind it out, whereas in EVE you can set it to train, log off, go play with a puppy, and come back to find your skill trained!

TL;DR - WoW stops you from playing with puppies, EVE actively encourages it.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
The funny thing about EVE is that it can be a lot less of a time sink than you'd think. In a game like WoW the only way to increase a skill level is to go grind it out, whereas in EVE you can set it to train, log off, go play with a puppy, and come back to find your skill trained!

TL;DR - WoW stops you from playing with puppies, EVE actively encourages it.
That may be so until you realize that in order to be awesome, you cannot get there by actually playing, but by waiting, and that guy who just blew you up so fast, waited longer than you. And you can't be that awesome cause the longer you wait, the longer he's waiting too. Its like the Achilles and the turtle thing.

After re-reading that, I may be bleeding from my eyes trying to follow my own logic. If you've gotten this far, I am so sorry for your impending aneurysm.

Forgot your password?