Help a Newb out?

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
I tried real hard not to post this but I am out of ideas. I earned some REC getting my wings shot off in Arena Commander and being a target dummie in Star Marine. So I went and rented a missile rack and some bigger guns for my poor Aurora. I can't figure out how to use what I rented. I see the rented items under my billing info on the RSI Web site . I tried to add them to my ship in Arena Commander but I don't see how I can from there. I went to my Self Land hanger and there is no honorable so I tried going to the hardpoint on my Aurora but only see the weapon that came with it. Can anyone help a Newb out?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I tried real hard not to post this but I am out of ideas. I earned some REC getting my wings shot off in Arena Commander and being a target dummie in Star Marine. So I went and rented a missile rack and some bigger guns for my poor Aurora. I can't figure out how to use what I rented. I see the rented items under my billing info on the RSI Web site . I tried to add them to my ship in Arena Commander but I don't see how I can from there. I went to my Self Land hanger and there is no honorable so I tried going to the hardpoint on my Aurora but only see the weapon that came with it. Can anyone help a Newb out?
Rec Items can only be used in Arena Commander iirc. You'll need to go to ship customization from the main arena commander screen. Make sure the weapons you rented are size compatible with the Aurora.

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
Rec Items can only be used in Arena Commander iirc. You'll need to go to ship customization from the main arena commander screen. Make sure the weapons you rented are size compatible with the Aurora.
I am in ship customization but I don't see the Behring MSD-221 "Marsden" Missile Rack or the Strife Mass Driver I rented. I'll check but I believe they are both compatible. If they aren't shouldn't I still see the items?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I am in ship customization but I don't see the Behring MSD-221 "Marsden" Missile Rack or the Strife Mass Driver I rented. I'll check but I believe they are both compatible. If they aren't shouldn't I still see the items?
You won't see them if they are not compatible. The Marsden rack should work....dunno about the mass driver.

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
@SilentB-TEST, I had the same "hunt it down" issue just a few weeks ago. I'm a newb also. I found that in the self land hanger I could look at my Mustang and point at a weapon mount point, and it would bring up a screen where I could remove the current weapon and then choose a different one. Then go in Arena Commander and see that load out. It's been a couple weeks since I did that, but that's what I recall. I'll give it a shot later tonight again.

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
@SilentB-TEST, I had the same "hunt it down" issue just a few weeks ago. I'm a newb also. I found that in the self land hanger I could look at my Mustang and point at a weapon mount point, and it would bring up a screen where I could remove the current weapon and then choose a different one. Then go in Arena Commander and see that load out. It's been a couple weeks since I did that, but that's what I recall. I'll give it a shot later tonight again.
Thank you for your help

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So to but it short..

Any gun, missile or rack rented can be used both int AC and PU.... BUT!
They need to match the weapon mount point on your ship so make shore the guns missiles or rack fit and that you rent the right stuff before renting anything..

Edit: if they don't match size for weapon mount you will not see them in the list on that point!

Any change made to guns in your hangar do not automatically affect what you have on your ship in AC or vice versa, you need to use ship customization screen in AC before entering a AC game mod to be shore you have the guns on the ship you intend to use. Same goes for PU check in your hangar that the ship have the guns on that you expect it to have before flying of in the universe.. maby with no guns or missiles :P ha ha

Edit: DO NOT change guns on landing pads at Olisar or Hex before take off this can stil cause unwanted bugout of gun working or totaly missing from ship, this can be fixed if it happen just by going back in to hangar an put them on again.

Happy fighting CHEERS!! :beers::beer:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well that sucks. Is there no other way to equip REC weapons?

Guess it's grab a beer and wait for a fix.
Well I have no issue using any of my rented stuf on my ships either in AC or PU they work perfect and are visible, so that bug might been fixed already or it's not effecting every one or every ship...

I used Aurora LX,LN, M50, 350R,325a, all versions of hornets, sabre, vanguard, caterpillar, herald, mustangs and list goes on.... and I have had no problem with changing or seeing rented guns, missiles or racks for them.. :smile: Edit: and I change guns, missiles a lot.. :P

Cheers :beer::beers::beers::beer:

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
Well I have no issue using any of my rented stuf on my ships either in AC or PU they work perfect and are visible, so that bug might been fixed already or it's not effecting every one or every ship...

I used Aurora LX,LN, M50, 350R,325a, all versions of hornets, sabre, vanguard, caterpillar, herald, mustangs and list goes on.... and I have had no problem with changing or seeing rented guns, missiles or racks for them.. :smile: Edit: and I change guns, missiles a lot.. :P

Cheers :beer::beers::beers::beer:
Hmmmmm, I have an Aurora Mr and still no dice. So you go to the ship customization in AR and you see your rec items? I rented a Behring MSD-221 "Marsden" Missile Rack and the Strife Mass Driver and see neither. Have you used either of these on the Aurora?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Hmmmmm, I have an Aurora Mr and still no dice. So you go to the ship customization in AR and you see your rec items? I rented a Behring MSD-221 "Marsden" Missile Rack and the Strife Mass Driver and see neither. Have you used either of these on the Aurora?
Havn't tryed the MR that much swaped it for a LN first thing I did, but what I know only rack that worked was the quadrack on the LN and LX, that seem not to be avail anymore in store or just got a new name, but I have used the Strife sucessfuly. Haven't tested last two weeks for I am short out of Auroras after I did some upgrading to a Carrack, Caterpillar and a Vanguard. So if there is a new bug surfaced last two weeks I wouldn't know now, but I will be on top of it in the end of the month for every one gotta have a Aurora so I'm buying a new :P

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Aurora MR
upload_2017-2-3_6-11-58.png

Th Aurora MR has 2 S1 gun mounts and 1 S0 missile mount

Aurora LN
upload_2017-2-3_6-13-53.png

The LN has 2 S1 and 2 S 1-2 gun mounts and 1 S4 missile mount

upload_2017-2-3_6-15-16.png

The Strife Mass driver is a S2 gun

You only can use S1 guns and S0 missile mounts on the MR .... You cant use any missile mount, the smallest missile available is a S1, S0 is no missile :joy:. The gun mounts only accept S1 guns, so you only can use following guns:

upload_2017-2-3_6-20-25.png

- NN-13 Neutron gun
- Omnisky III

If you use weapons that need ammo, don't forget to load ammo also

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Aurora MR
View attachment 5556

Th Aurora MR has 2 S1 gun mounts and 1 S0 missile mount

Aurora LN
View attachment 5557

The LN has 2 S1 and 2 S 1-2 gun mounts and 1 S4 missile mount

View attachment 5558

The Strife Mass driver is a S2 gun

You only can use S1 guns and S0 missile mounts on the MR .... You cant use any missile mount, the smallest missile available is a S1, S0 is no missile :joy:. The gun mounts only accept S1 guns, so you only can use following guns:

View attachment 5559
- NN-13 Neutron gun
- Omnisky III

If you use weapons that need ammo, don't forget to load ammo also

Great you still had the LN I need to get a new one (SooN:tm:) ... :P
But you pointed out the reason why I change my Mr to a LN asap I could when I had one :D awesome ! :beers::beer:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Sooo.... if you @SilentB-TEST want to earn some REC or want to do some fighting, 2x S1 guns is very light. Either invest some extra money in the game to upgrade the MR to a LN, or earn enough REC to rent a LN. After you initially rented a LN, renew the rent before 7 (play) days are over. Renew rent only costs 75%? of the initial rent.
2× S1 + 2× S2 guns and S4 missile mount is way better than 2× S1 guns

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
If you want some assistance in grinding, I can try to help you. Best practicing grounds are Vanduul swarm. You must fight your own fights, but I can try to minimize enemy forces, so you can concentrate on your targets without being shot down. I learned that being a wingman is harder than anticipated, you can't look around and stick on your leads wing, but with more players, the Vanduul don't concentrate on one target, better fighting chance. Of course the other players must let you shoot down your targets, not stealing your kills.

Forgot your password?