Help fastcart get to CitizenCon 2018

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I was just watching Captain Richard's stream, and he announced that a "GoFundMe" had been set up to help @fastcart get to CitizenCon.

https://www.gofundme.com/get-fastcart-to-citizencon-2018

Long story short (details on the page above) he needed a new wheelchair, which has depleted his funds for other things, such as getting to CitizenCon. A friend of his set up the page, and here we are, we are just short of the goal needed.

The best part--besides helping a fellow TESTie out--is that the funds are being collected in Canadian dollars, which means, it doesn't really cost us anything in the US! It's all just play money! joke, ha ha...

I've never been to a CitizenCon, but in previous streams I've seen @fastcart there, and I was able to see the positive work he did for us, the SC community!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/fastcart

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Well, that went fast. He's fully funded!

Never really talked to him, but seen him around. He's a good guy and I'm happy he gets to go :)

Reactions: hardroc77

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Worry not! It looks like our work here is done...just got this update via my email:

Hey everyone, quick update.

Due to an extra anonymous donation done not through GoFundMe but straight to the man, the myth, the legend, fastcart himself... the campaign is officially funded.

fastcart's going to CitizenCon!

Honestly, none of this was even for me, and I'm still... practically in tears. The instant and outstanding generosity of this entire community is nothing less than spectacular, each and every time. You are all amazing. Absolutely amazing.

So thank you. Thank you to everyone who donated, everyone who shared the campaign...

Thank you.

I'll be turning off donations now, but leaving the campaign live to keep things visible, and once I've spoken more with fc and confirmed everything I'll put out another update.

Again, thank you all. You're outstanding, each and every one of you.
I'll add my thanks, to, to everyone who donated or expressed the wish to! This was really over and done very, very quickly.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Wow didn't even get a chance to donate! Well done guys!!!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Worry not! It looks like our work here is done...just got this update via my email:

I'll add my thanks, to, to everyone who donated or expressed the wish to! This was really over and done very, very quickly.
I just saw this. If the anonymous donor ID's himself, or herself, with proof, I'm buying dinner and drinks for that person on Wed or Thur.
Way to go human. After the type of week I've had with assholes to the left and right, it's stuff like this that gets me back on track.
Again I say, way to go!

Reactions: Radegast74

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I just saw this. If the anonymous donor ID's himself, or herself, with proof, I'm buying dinner and drinks for that person on Wed or Thur.
Way to go human. After the type of week I've had with assholes to the left and right, it's stuff like this that gets me back on track.
Again I say, way to go!
I never heard that the anonymous donor was identified. I agree, it was really nice, we do have a great community, here in TEST and around Star Citizen. So what if there is a 1% or 2% who bring things down...I say the glass is 98% full!

Reactions: hardroc77 and BUTUZ
Forgot your password?