Help getting 3.0 to work...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Good morning/afternoon/evening you wonderfully knowledgeable people!

My machine spent 8 hours downloading the Delta patcher and the new files for 3.0, I've been able to get into the hangar and got stuck in my Auroras bed but the following issues are hampering my efforts to do much else:

1) When launching the game I get a Data p4k verify issue, as a popup - it happens 4 times then the game launches, if I press OK to get rid of the popup the game crashes and the launcher advises me to verify. I do and it does nothing, same issue persists.

2) When launching the PU, I get "Error 30033 serialize mismatch a network serializer did not match the server version." Which may as well be written in Xi'An, all I know is I appear to be the only person on planet earth with this issue as it's not on the font of all knowledge that is Google.

3) AC won't launch at all. Just goes to a black screen.

Things I have tried so far:

- Deleted the USER folder.

- Verified the files, all this does is download the manifest at 65mb a go and does not solve the issue.

So basically:

Tried Nothing.jpeg

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
So why not do what most have done uninstall it all and start all fresh with new installation of the hole game.

That's what I did only way I saw it work and now it works just fine ....

CHEERS!

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So why not do what most have done uninstall it all and start all fresh with new installation of the hole game.

That's what I did only way I saw it work and now it works just fine ....

CHEERS!

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers::beers:
It's an option but one of last resort - The good lady wife will only tolerate so much computer-on-time, and 8 hours is a lot of time vs deleting one file and letting Verify reload it... Thats next on the list, delete BIN.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
It's an option but one of last resort - The good lady wife will only tolerate so much computer-on-time, and 8 hours is a lot of time vs deleting one file and letting Verify reload it... Thats next on the list, delete BIN.

OK I get the wife part thingy ;) :D :beers: GL on finding that one file you need to delete and it reload and all be good :D

Edgewise

Space Marshal
Jun 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Edgewise-SJ
Check here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/RSIL-45804-Failed_to_verify_file__Data_p4k_file

Someone in that issue thread responded there with this:

This is caused by not all files installing onto the selected drive, please uninstall all the files, then go to the drive it was installed on and delete the associated RSI/CIG folder since it needs to be deleted due to how large it is. Then come back to the RSI website, click at the top and download the 3.0.0 live and have it download again. Then run the installation of the files, and see how it goes. Respond to me if it fails.

Edit: Also, there have been several different problems related to the launcher and it not overwriting old files and such. I would recommend deleting not just the game files, but all the launcher files as well. Make sure no SC related programs are running or it may not delete all the files. I noticed that even on a failed launch after closing out of SC, the launcher still runs in the background. After closing it with task manager, it should be possible to completely delete these files. If you find a file cannot be deleted, you might need to change properties of the file from hidden or read only and the permissions as well.

Edit (again): Found this useful link that had a bunch of info in it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mQoS5OJpn9unZWgSiKBuYBeBGNdTwPGKfqUoB-7iLBM/edit#heading=h.z17yghtrpxwd

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Check here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/RSIL-45804-Failed_to_verify_file__Data_p4k_file

This is caused by not all files installing onto the selected drive, please uninstall all the files, then go to the drive it was installed on and delete the associated RSI/CIG folder since it needs to be deleted due to how large it is. Then come back to the RSI website, click at the top and download the 3.0.0 live and have it download again. Then run the installation of the files, and see how it goes. Respond to me if it fails.

Edit: Also, there have been several different problems related to the launcher and it not overwriting old files and such. I would recommend deleting not just the game files, but all the launcher files as well. Make sure no SC related programs are running or it may not delete all the files. I noticed that even on a failed launch after closing out of SC, the launcher still runs in the background. After closing it with task manager, it should be possible to completely delete these files. If you find a file cannot be deleted, you might need to change properties of the file from hidden or read only and the permissions as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mQoS5OJpn9unZWgSiKBuYBeBGNdTwPGKfqUoB-7iLBM/edit#heading=h.z17yghtrpxwd
Many thanks, having read all of the responses of people saying "I have reinstalled and no joy" I think I have no choice but to just wait for the official fix.

One thing I did notice while deleting BIN64 (it reloaded the files into BIN64 but didn't fix the problem) was that the Data file doesn't actually have any files in it. Thats where i'd expect to find Data.p4k but thats just an assumption. Sod it as it's empty i'll delete the Data file and see if anything happens.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Weird problems. I'm in PTU since the 2nd wave. In the beginning it always took a long time to start the game, all kinds of problems, had to switch region to get in, sometimes UE didn't work, then I had to load USA or the other way, it always takes a damn long time to load, game crashes before I could complete a mission, stuck in mobiglass, stuck in Glaive.
But it got better, the last 2 weeks I sometimes was able to stay in game for longer then an hour. Last Saturday I even stayed in game until the 1st CFT Christmas special ended, wait, there was one occasion where everybody had to log off because the server became unstable. During the 2nd session I crashed out 2 times.
I guess it is still Alpha, not 100% stable but they are working on it. It also isn't optimized yet, so sufficient RAM, CPU and GPU power also help a lot.

Keep faith, it was worse in the beginning of PTU 3.0, but also remember, during the holiday season it will not improve a lot, because the people which work hard to get this game running also need some holidays.

Check here:

good piece of advice :thumbsup: some things just don't work yet as they suppose to. Workarounds help overcome these flaws.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Okay, update:

Deleting BIN64 and letting it reinstall did do something: it got rid of my "Error 30033 serialize mismatch a network serializer did not match the server version." - I have been as far as the airlocks on Port Olisar but the game keeps locking when I go in the Airlock.

Deleted Data, it just put the folder back but its still empty.

Can anyone confirm if Data.p4k is supposed to be in that file?

Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Update on the update, the 30033 error came back after the Data experiment, so deleted BIN64 again and reinstalled that part - unfortunately on this occasion it was unsuccessful and I am not able to access PU again.

From what I saw of the PU though - wow it was the smoothest i'd ever had it, I didn't expect the NPC's all hanging around either that was wonderful.

I just gotta wait for the fixes, I hadn't been playing 2.6.3 much lately so a little longer isn't going to hurt much.

Anyone know where this data.p4k file is? can't find it anywhere.

Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Anyone know where this data.p4k file is? can't find it anywhere.
Okay I found Data.p4k in the main directory, deleted it and the verify started downloading from the start so I have uninstalled the launcher and deleted the RSI file, starting over fresh.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
the Data folder have always been empty don't know why it's there it serve no function at all the Data.p4k file 40+GB is in Live folder root..
That's the one you need to re download the rest really have no effect reinstalling unless you suspect it's been compromised in any way.
But then re download the bin folder take about a min or less so doing that when doing the data.p4k file do not hurt.

:beers:

Se you found it just as I wrote this post LMAO

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
the Data folder have always been empty don't know why it's there it serve no function at all the Data.p4k file 40+GB is in Live folder root...
Aha, now there is a thing my Data.p4k was only 32gb or 36gb, can't remember the exact number but it definitely was not close to 40gb.

Do you use some gaming network tools like wtfast? They also can cause problems.
If i've got 'em I don't know i've got 'em. Machine was donated to me by a friend with a clean copy of Win 10 on it so it should be fresh as a daisy.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Aha, now there is a thing my Data.p4k was only 32gb or 36gb, can't remember the exact number but it definitely was not close to 40gb.

If i've got 'em I don't know i've got 'em. Machine was donated to me by a friend with a clean copy of Win 10 on it so it should be fresh as a daisy.
There you got your problem then the "Live" data.p4k file should be 40.xxGB any less and you have the previous .p4k file and that do not work so good..

;) :beers: :beer:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nice. All is deleted, it's reloaded the base at 11 gb and is just taking in the game content files at 26gb which... still makes less than 40gb...?

This isn't going to end well, is it?

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Nice. All is deleted, it's reloaded the base at 11 gb and is just taking in the game content files at 26gb which... still makes less than 40gb...?

This isn't going to end well, is it?
You did log in to the launcher with your normal RSI logging pass and NOT the temp PTU pasword....?

For my Data.p4k file is 40,068,152KB to be exact ;)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You did log in to the launcher with your normal RSI logging pass and NOT the temp PTU pasword....?

For my Data.p4k file is 40,068,152KB to be exact ;)
Thanks for the details, mine was well short of that however I don't have PTU access and have never had a password for it so unless there is a blunder on the pipelines...?
PU version and launcher version:
View attachment 8655
Many thanks for the screen-shots, it definitely has those numbers in the launcher and downloader so only 10gb to go to see if this'll work :)

Forgot your password?