Donor
Mar 6, 2016
RSI Handle
A_Santos
Hey
Have a real problem here.....
Don't know what the hell i do wrong, but I can't upload my pic. to the forum
Pleeeeaaaaase help this noob out :D

alsoI have worked a lot with graphic design... but never animation or film making
And I thought why not try now it out where I spend a lot of my time .... STAR CITIZEN
so I'm looking for a program to record when I play In a good quality.... any suggestions ?

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Hey
Pleeeeaaaaase help this noob out :smile:

alsoI have worked a lot with graphic design... but never animation or film making
And I thought why not try now it out where I spend a lot of my time .... STAR CITIZEN
so I'm looking for a program to record when I play In a good quality.... any suggestions ?
Quality wise, I think Fraps is still up there.

Reactions: StdDev and A.Santos

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Hey
Pleeeeaaaaase help this noob out :smile:
I do it the simple way, open picture in mspaint, check if it isn't too big, there is a limitation, 500kb or something like that, CRTL+A, CRTL+C, go to post and CRTL+V. In mspaint select all, copy, in forum paste. Have patience, an uploading bar will be visible on the right top, when uploaded it will be gone.

Reactions: StdDev and A.Santos

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I am not a Streamer but I use OBS Studio.
https://obsproject.com/

It is Free & very easy to use.
In fact, I programmed Voice Attack to 'Camera ON' Camera OFF' while I play SC.
Works Great.
The recordings are placed in a VIDEO Folder that I created and told OBS to use.

Ganji

Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Ganjieh
Fraps is not that good, last i used it, you would take big hits on your FPS, while recording.

I used mirillis action ( https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html ) for a while, it's much better then fraps, and i think you get a trial period with all the features on.

The best thing to use is Gforce Shadowplay, if you have a proper graphics card. Quality is top notch, and it records all the time, you just save the highlights you need.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Fraps is not that good, last i used it, you would take big hits on your FPS, while recording.

I used mirillis action ( https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html ) for a while, it's much better then fraps, and i think you get a trial period with all the features on.

The best thing to use is Gforce Shadowplay, if you have a proper graphics card. Quality is top notch, and it records all the time, you just save the highlights you need.
I use Shadow play when recording for Issue Council and for when Rock Raiders are playing red rover and screwing around. If you have an Nividia card it's a gem. Easy peasy setup and great videos.

SneakyPete

Captain
Donor
Feb 18, 2017
RSI Handle
Wolfpack9
I use OBS. I used to use Shadowplay then Nvidia changed it. They also changed its compression rate. OBS at the same data rate and resolution saves the same quality video whilst consuming much less hard drive space. Likewise I have it hotkeyed to Voice attack.OBS gives you many more options settings than Nvidia

Reactions: hardroc77
Forgot your password?