Here to drink.. pass the Jamo.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Where you from stranger? What drew you to Star Citizen?

I live in Virginia Beach; but currently deployed overseas. In my free time I love youtube videos and I came across a Star Citizen video which instantly hooked me into a time killer. I know of the Wing Commander series and Privateer; but have not been a PC gamer in years (15 years). I stumbled upon some Test Squadron video and I found a similar interest of drinking alcohol while playing video games and just having fun.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

Ummm.. all of it. Going to be a learning curve in dealing with MMO style elements for me and switching from the world of Battlefield on the Xbox... but excited to do something "fun" again with games.

What was the first game you remember playing?

The classic Sierra Games (Police, Space, and Kings Quest) when I was like 6...

What other games do you play?

Since I'm deployed I'm limited to my games on my laptop and my IPhone :) So Civilization Beyond Earth and currently downloading X3 Albion. At home.. Battlefield for me and Kinect for the kids and wife (and when drinking at BBQs).

Picard or Kirk

Picard... though I was raised on the Trek movies I enjoyed TNG more.

When not playing games and being deployed I am a beach bum surfer dad of two little girls who has a love of firearms, movies, and books.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Who said I have brilliant tactics... I'm legs in the Army and my ability to use tactics in a space sim will be limited to crashing and cussing. Though that might actually work :)

I am looking forward to the FPS part though... but depending on how it is supported perhaps room clearing can translate to ship raiding?

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
U.S. Army. Started as a combat engineer, switched to infantry a year later and 6 years after that switched to Psychological Operations where I have been for 3 years. I'm on the lovely continent of Africa... its broad as a reference as I can give; but no I'm no where near Ebola thankfully.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I'm resurrecting my original post to say... I'm back to SC after citizencon and looking forward to see you all in the verse.
Updates - no longer in Virginia.. that was two PCS moves ago. Now in the Great Pacific Northwest - Washington state, right outside of Seattle.

Gr33nh0use

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gr33nh0use
This mans a TESTIE if ever there was one! welcome!

Reactions: Tealwraith
Forgot your password?