Hey .. quality of components mean something )

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's an easy choice once you've driven the Prius you bought and hit rock bottom, as you realised just how atrocious it's hybrid drivetrain is. You start looking for other engines to put in it ASAP.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Many of those that use the Metric system often do so to falsely inflate the numbers to make themselves feel better & to feel superior even though 2 things might actually be equal. :metal: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :beers:
Interestingly, the same was found to be the case about imperial measurements where you would get more of those - miles Vs km, acres Vs hectares. Seems the human mind will always select the system that provides the highest number for any given measurment.

EDIT - I've just realised miles are less than KM's but the point still stands: Which would you rather, to be 5 miles away from your destination or 8km? I think the mind adopts the favorable one for the situation.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If the whole human race vanished tomorrow so would any of our arbitrary measurement methods. If aliens found our dead planet and all the crap we've strewn across it they'd measure it in Khliks or G-Chooks or something.

The only thing having multiple different systems has done is crashed a couple of planes that ran out of fuel in mid-air when pounds of go-juice were loaded on instead of kilos, and destroyed a couple of space-craft as apparently NASA failed to do the unit conversion on work they were doing with other counties with different systems, on more than one occasion. No slight against NASA, it's one of those things.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/25845/quick-6-six-unit-conversion-disasters

Um... Spacecraft...?

Wait, what measurement system are we using in the 'Verse...? looks to be Metric.

I think I've found the next thing for backers to be salty about! :kissing_heart:

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The measurements in use by the USA come from the size of some guy's body parts...
Yes, but some of us are more generously endowed than other fellows :disappointed_relieved:

How is it fair that Mike "Peanut" Johnson has to have less than Tim "Tripod" Wood?

Forgot your password?