Hi everyone.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I live in the vicinity of Houston, Texas but I'm actually Canadian. My wife (a born n bred Texan) moved to Texas back in 2009, and I love it. A ton of work for someone in my profession, and no snow! I'm a systems architect and consultant. That means at times, that I have a lot of time to play games, and occasionally no time.

I've been looking for a game like Star Citizen for a long long time, and followed SC development for quite some time before diving in the weekend before last. It took me another week to dig out my HOTAS gear from the garage. My goals in SC are simple: Have fun. I like PVP, exploring, and economic aspects of the game.

This is going to date me. Asteroids and Pong were the first games I played. I also currently play WOW, KSP, SL, and have active accounts on Eve Online (which I don't like) and a couple of others that are inactive at the moment. I played Conquest: Frontier Wars which is on my list of "favorite strategy games of all time" believe it or not.

I first heard about Test Squadron from an e-mail I received from Test Squadron, but i checked you all out and decided that since my favorite things in life include beer, that I might like it here. Honestly the deciding factor was that I kind of liked the light-hearted approach some of Test Squadron leadership have.

Picard or Kirk? Meh this is too deep but here goes. Old Kirk. I think in many ways, he defined what we expect in Starship captains. Picard expanded on that, but that show was more about the bridge crew and senior officers, than the captain.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I'm actually Canadian
You'll find many Canadians round these parts, partner. Y'all can talk about shovelin' snow an such.
Are you okay? Do you dehydrate and die without the snow? What happens to the plants in spring? Without snow to protect them from the Quesadillas and the Cactus Monsters?
Is it true that Texas is an exact replica of Alberta but with cities that don't have cows in the streets and oil for free and the buildings aren't made of ice blocks?
Is ut true that there are still pizzas at McDonald's there?
When's the last time you saw snow? It sounds awful there.
Good thing you have virtual spaceships to keep your mind off the fact that you haven't seen water since 2009

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Are you okay? Do you dehydrate and die without the snow? What happens to the plants in spring? Without snow to protect them from the Quesadillas and the Cactus Monsters?
Is it true that Texas is an exact replica of Alberta but with cities that don't have cows in the streets and oil for free and the buildings aren't made of ice blocks?
Is ut true that there are still pizzas at McDonald's there?
When's the last time you saw snow? It sounds awful there.
Good thing you have virtual spaceships to keep your mind off the fact that you haven't seen water since 2009
Is snow the white stuff or the wet stuff? I keep forgetting. It's been so long since I've seen either.

Forgot your password?