Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Hi there!
Joined not a while ago; Test Squad was the only one that looked cool to me; not sure if it's because of the number of members, or your cargo loads full of yellow fluid and probably other alcoholic beverages.

I joined Test recently as I finally purchased the game. I've been following SC's development for a few years, and 2 months ago I realized that there is a chance that it's not a scam after all ; ) Although I knew that there is a huge risk that the game is never going to be released, I found version 3.0 interesting enough to finally invest in SC ---- well, Xmas promo helped me a little bit -- I've got Aurora MR SC Starter 2017 Holiday Special for 35 USD only : )

As you probably guess I already upgraded my promo starter ship to Avenger Titan -- I felt a little claustrophobic inside my little Aurora... The problem is that Avenger is also too small for me -- that's why I will probably end with Freelancer one day; probably sooner than I think. Maybe even tomorrow. Or today. A very good USD exchange rate to my local currency doesn't help me with resisting from upgrading to something bigger; USD went down on most of the markets worldwide in a last few months and it's very low right now...

And why to upgrade my starter ship (again), instead of purchasing a secondary one? -- didn't I mention that my Aurora came with 60 months of insurance? : ) Since I have a family and many other hobbies than gaming, I can't spent thousands of US dollars on Star Citizen; that's why a 60-month insurance is so important to me. I just want to explore the Universe, watch the stars and hack Comm Arrays. This is the main reason of getting SC to me, a fan of Alien series, Starship Troopers and Arthur C. Clarke novels.

In the meantime I'm enjoying exploration and hunting huge f***ers, like this shiny Starfarer below, I finally managed to catch : ) First time I've got one as part of the ship-in-distress mission, but I wasn't able to kill NPC pilot -- lost gun somewhere in pre-3.0.1 space. Then I was shot by someone else. Then I've got another one, but the game crashed immediately... But at last, managed to catch that big-ass spacecraft! It was spinning like crazy but my Avenger is not equipped with a shield for no reason ; )

/pardon periodic lagging; although I'm running on GTX 1070 8GB, SSD and 32GB of memory, I'm not getting stable framerate, as probably all of you/

---- wmk

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Welcome to the Squadron! :beers::banana::spoon:

Reactions: marcsand2

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! :beers:

@SullyQuindarius SullyQ, Constellation is out of my price range I'm afraid, but it is, indeed, very nice... -- I managed to catch a heavily damaged one a week ago and I took it to the nearest repair shop, but... the game crashed literally some 100m from the Cry-Astro landing pad...

By the way, as far as I understand there is no organization-dedicated functionality implemented in the current version of the game? -- there is no org group chat, no markers to identify members of your primary organization, nor anything like that? -- so, in other words, at this stage, in order to cooperate with fellow members, you have to have them in your contact list and/or use a dedicated discord channel or something? -- unfortunately none of my friends own SC, so sometimes I'm feeling a little lonely, drifting in space next to the Comm Array satellite I just disabled, guessing that the loud bang I heard while working inside was my poor ship being destroyed. (By the way, I'm 42, so no need to go to bed at 10 pm) (and no clean-up-your-room! interruptions)

Last edited:
Reactions: SullyQuindarius

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
so, in other words, at this stage, in order to cooperate with fellow members, you have to have them in your contact list and/or use a dedicated discord channel or something?
That sums it up pretty much, go to TEST discord, you can use the button on top or use this link: https://testsquadron.com/link-forums/discord.95/, log in or make a new account, then wait for a friendly mod to help you out of the new members section.

Reactions: wmk

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Welcome to test friend...:beer:

RememberMe

Space Marshal
Mar 27, 2016
RSI Handle
ImRememberMe
Hi there!
Joined not a while ago; Test Squad was the only one that looked cool to me; not sure if it's because of the number of members, or your cargo loads full of yellow fluid and probably other alcoholic beverages.

I joined Test recently as I finally purchased the game. I've been following SC's development for a few years, and 2 months ago I realized that there is a chance that it's not a scam after all ; ) Although I knew that there is a huge risk that the game is never going to be released, I found version 3.0 interesting enough to finally invest in SC ---- well, Xmas promo helped me a little bit -- I've got Aurora MR SC Starter 2017 Holiday Special for 35 USD only : )

As you probably guess I already upgraded my promo starter ship to Avenger Titan -- I felt a little claustrophobic inside my little Aurora... The problem is that Avenger is also too small for me -- that's why I will probably end with Freelancer one day; probably sooner than I think. Maybe even tomorrow. Or today. A very good USD exchange rate to my local currency doesn't help me with resisting from upgrading to something bigger; USD went down on most of the markets worldwide in a last few months and it's very low right now...

And why to upgrade my starter ship (again), instead of purchasing a secondary one? -- didn't I mention that my Aurora came with 60 months of insurance? : ) Since I have a family and many other hobbies than gaming, I can't spent thousands of US dollars on Star Citizen; that's why a 60-month insurance is so important to me. I just want to explore the Universe, watch the stars and hack Comm Arrays. This is the main reason of getting SC to me, a fan of Alien series, Starship Troopers and Arthur C. Clarke novels.

In the meantime I'm enjoying exploration and hunting huge f***ers, like this shiny Starfarer below, I finally managed to catch : ) First time I've got one as part of the ship-in-distress mission, but I wasn't able to kill NPC pilot -- lost gun somewhere in pre-3.0.1 space. Then I was shot by someone else. Then I've got another one, but the game crashed immediately... But at last, managed to catch that big-ass spacecraft! It was spinning like crazy but my Avenger is not equipped with a shield for no reason ; )

/pardon periodic lagging; although I'm running on GTX 1070 8GB, SSD and 32GB of memory, I'm not getting stable framerate, as probably all of you/

---- wmk
Welcome to TEST. I hope you enjoy being here as much as i do !! HAVE FUN
If ur drunk.ur awesome

ps.dont drink when driving

Forgot your password?